c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

9/26 - Broken Hippas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just another day at the old job. (new pay). I guess I finally get
to train on Thursday at the new place all day. Cool.

At lunch today I went up to the children’s hospital and signed a
release form, and got a lot of medical reports and stuff from son
#4’s first hospital stay. “So, does this let me look up my son’s
x-rays on the computer?” “Oh, no” she said. “If you did that you
could get fired.” “So, how do I get permission to look at my son’s
x-rays online?” I asked. “Oh, I don’t know.” Wonderful, now I have
to do more research. Don’t you love HIPAA.

After work today me, my sweet wife, son #2 went to get our eyes
checked. The eye drops are just now wearing off. It was kinda
bizarre driving home in heavy traffic with my pupils as big as
saucers wearing cardboard sunglasses. But I made it. I made it all
the way home and in the front door. Then I dropped my palm pilot
on the floor and broke my screen. Grr... now I need to buy a PDA
~and~ a GPS. Oh well, I’m supposed to be made of money, right?
Not.



Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

My wife and I were playing Trivia for Dummies when she amazed me
by answering correctly that there are seven rays on the crown of
the Statue of Liberty. "How in the world did you know that?" I
asked. Rolling her eyes, she answered, "Duuuhh...the seven
original colonies!"


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Everyone had weighed in, and our diet-workshop leader began her
lecture on the week's topic - the problems of dining out. She
talked about alternatives, such as requesting diet sodas and
dressings, and having meat broiled instead of fried. Finally she
turned the question over to the group for discussion. "What is the
greatest problem you encounter when going out to eat?" Replied one
woman quickly, "Running into you!"

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

My wife and I were traveling on the Kansas Turnpike, bucking 30 to
45 m.p.h. crosswinds. At the tollbooth, I asked the attendant,
"What do you people do in Kansas when the wind quits?" The
tollbooth attendant didn't miss a beat. She answered, "We take the
rocks out of our pockets."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home