c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

9/14 - Short Timer's

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, September 14, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not much going on today. The work day was pretty long. Not that I
had a ton to do, but with only 6 days left it was just harder to
get up and do it... I think that’s what they call short timer’s
disease.


And now, for the rest of the story...





They’ve found a new use for duct tape...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

I was scheduled to fly from North Carolina to Germany, where my
husband was stationed in the military. As I checked in at the
airport, the ticket agent asked me some standard security
questions. "Has anyone given you any packages that you didn't pack
yourself?" he asked. I told him that my mother-in-law had given me
a parcel to take to her son. He looked at me very carefully and
asked: "Does she like you?"

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>


I heard the dog barking before he and his owner actually barreled
into our vet practice. Spotting a training video we sell, the
owner wisely decided to buy one. "How does this work?" she asked,
handing me a check. "Do I just have him watch this?"

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A man goes to Africa on a safari. While there, he comes upon an
elephant, in great pain, with a giant thorn in its foot. The man
very carefully approaches the elephant, and gingerly removes the
thorn from its foot. The elephant begins to walk away, then turns
and stares at the man for a full minute, locking eyes with him.
The elephant then continues on its way. "I wonder if I ever see
that elephant again if it will remember me?" the man muses to
himself. It is a few years later, and the man is at a circus back
in the States. He notices that one of the elephants keeps looking
at him, almost like it KNOWS him. The man wonders, "Could this be
that elephant I helped so long ago?" He decides to get a closer
look. With the elephant still giving him the stare down, the man
moves in closer, getting right up in front of the elephant. They
lock eyes. A knowing look seems to cross the elephant's face.
It reaches down... picks the man up carefully with its trunk...
lifts him high in the air... And throws him crashing to the ground
and stomps him to death! Turns out it wasn’t THAT that elephant.
~#1 Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home