c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, September 18, 2006

9/18 - Does it snow in Hong Kong?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, September 18, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a cold weekend. It snowed in the mountains, and got down to
the high 40’s here. People keep saying, “Boy, it’s good to have
some snow. It’s good to feel the cool fall air.” I say, ‘Naw...
I’d like about 3 more months of summer.’ But, then again, I don’t
have any choice in the matter. For the weekend, we stayed in the
house most of the time. While poking around my PC, I remembered
that I had sent out a skype invitation to my readers last month
(With the screen name mr.martyman). A guy named
Allen in Hong Kong said he was a reader of mine, and sent me his
information. The information sat there for weeks, and after
remembering all the bad things that could happen on the internet,
I didn’t do much with it. Finally, this weekend my curiosity got
the best of me, and with a click of the mouse I called.
“Hello?”
“Hi, this is Marty of Marty’s Joke of the Day.”
“Oh, yes, Hi, how are you!?”

Turns out, Allen is a pretty cool guy. He’s a generation older
than me, has lived in Hong Kong for more than 25 years, raised 3
kids there, he was born in Utah and visits here couple times a
year. He’s LDS and in the area presidency over there. He sounded
like a really nice guy. I had a little trouble keeping son #4 from
mug’n for the camera the entire conversation, so I think he got
the sense of the craziness of our house. All of the other sons
came in and said, “Hi” and so did my sweet wife. Now I need to
call him back and see if he knows any Chinese so my boys can see
what it sounds like.



Anyway, it wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be. So, if you’re
a decent person and have skype, call mr.martyman. I’d like to see
what you look like (or at least what you sound like...)

Marty

Oh, and my sweet wife is at it again. She’s got some updates on
her blog at http://blogs.ebay.com/mel-ann

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

As the plane was flying low over some hills near Athens, a lady
asked the stewardess: "What's that stuff on those hills?"
"Just snow," replied the stewardess. "That's what I thought," said
the lady, "but this fellow in front of me said it was Greece."
~Shannon in Nevada

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Millions of years ago, there was no such thing as the wheel. One
day, some primitive guys were watching their wives drag a dead
mastodon to the food & fire area. It was exhausting work; the guys
were getting tired just watching. Then they noticed some large,
smooth, rounded boulders and they had a great idea! They could sit
on top of the boulders and get a better view of their wives
working. This was the first in a series of breakthroughs that
ultimately led to television...and later to the remote control.
--Dave Berry

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A magician calls a man up on stage, hands him a mallet and
instructs the guy to hit him as hard as possible on the head. The
magician then proceeds to put his head down on a wooden block. The
man shrugs his shoulders and takes a mighty swing. Three years
later, the magician wakes up from a coma in the hospital and
goes.... "Taa-Daa!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home