c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

9/21 - More Surgery Scheduled

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, September 21, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about no jokes last night. I had to go to Richfield again
for the (really) last time this time. Sitting in a hotel room with
a teeny tiny laptop keyboard just didn’t appeal to me, and I
thought I could use that as a (lame) excuse not to do an issue.

My sweet wife and I have been a little concerned about son #4’s
bone plate in his skull not healing properly. Turns out our
concerns were justified. My sweet wife took son #4 into the brain
tumor surgeon’s office today. They brought in a pediatric plastic
surgeon to talk to my sweet wife. Apparently they’re going to have
to do bone graft surgery to get the bone to reattach and start
growing again. Well, at least it’s not like its brain surgery or
anything...

Anyway, son #4 did what he does when he doesn’t like doctor’s
talk; he buried his head in my sweet wife’s lap. They told my
sweet wife that they think he’ll be in ICU for 2 days and the
regular hospital for another day after that. At one point he
lifted his head up and asked the plastic surgeon, “Can we do the
switch?” The doctor didn’t know what he was talking about, so he
explained, “Where my dad stays with me one night, and my mom stays
with me the next night...” The doc said he thought so.

He also got a small purple elephant with white tusks for his
troubles. My sweet wife asked son #4 what he was going to name it.
She said, “We could call it ‘Grape’ or ‘Ele’ or something like
that.” He looked at it for several seconds and announced, “It’s
name is spot!”

My sweet wife said the hospital took a 3D Cat scan of his skull
bones, and were able to rotate it on the computer screen. When I
start with Radiology on Monday, I’m going to ask how I look up
that image. But, I need to make sure and get the right permission
to look at the file. HIPAA privacy requirements and all. Just
hoops to jump through.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment sections

[More comments on our ethical question last week]

Marty,
With regards to James in California:
>"The technology is proceeding much too fast to wait for your
>*great grandson*. Those questions are going to be faced by the
>next generation! I think it would be wonderful to have children
>that would never catch a cold, pneumonia, cancer, parkinson's
>disease, etc....James in California"

James, We are finding out now that the stuff (grains, animals) we
supposedly engineered to be genetically better/perfect is being
attacked by NEW Diseases.... What makes you think, James, that it
will be any different with these children? They may not get the
common cold or flu that we do, but who is to say that nature, in
trying to control population (as some believe) or GOD in insisting
that human beings continue their 'lessons' while here on
earth...won't create new diseases that they will have no
resistance to at all?
Dora in Denver

Hi Marty
I think we should not mess with nature. God allowed it to happen.
The illness was there to deepen your value system or maybe
something else. If you as a family sit down and think about it all
of you will most probably take something diffirent out of it.
What I took out of it was deepen my value system. And 4 is not
even mine or for that matter, as a lot of people agree, lend to us
for a short wile before they go and live their own lifes. Have a
great day!
~Kobus B


_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A little girl walked to and from school daily. Though the weather
that morning was questionable and clouds were forming, she made
her daily trek to the elementary school. As the afternoon
progressed, the winds whipped up, along with thunder and
lightning. The mother of the little girl felt concerned that her
daughter would be frightened as she walked home from school and
she herself feared that the electrical storm might harm her child.
Full of concern, the mother quickly got into her car and drove
along the route to her child's school. As she did so, she saw her
little girl walking along, but at each flash of lightning, the
child would stop, look up and smile. Another and another were to
follow quickly and with each the little girl would look at the
streak of light and smile. When the mother's car drew up beside
the child she lowered the window and called to her, "What are you
doing? Why do you keep stopping?" The child answered, "I am trying
to look pretty. God keeps taking my picture."
~Krystal B.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

The pro football team had just finished practice when a turkey
strutted onto the field. "I want to try out," the turkey said to
the coach. Stunned, the players stared as the bird caught pass
after pass and ran right through the defensive line. After 30
minutes, the coach had seen enough. "You're excellent," he said.
"Sign with us, and you'll get a huge bonus." "Forget the bonus,"
the turkey said. "All I want to know is, does the season go past
Thanksgiving Day?"

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Although the bus for the senior group's church outing was
scheduled to leave at 5:30, organizers were afraid stragglers
would delay the trip. So to make sure no one's fun was ruined, our
church bulletin urged one and all to "Come early and get loaded."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home