c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

9/19 - Chili GPS'ers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess my GPS’ing skills are starting to slip. Son #1 is taking
geology, and for extra credit he can go and find 3 geocaches. So,
after I got home from work, and before we left for Boy Scouts, we
ran off to a park just south of us, and tried our luck. It’s been
awhile since I’ve been on a cache, and I think it showed. We
didn’t find any treasure. Maybe it was low batteries, tall trees
in the way, or just an old GPS. I think I’ll use the last excuse
and finally use it pull the trigger and buy that new one I’ve had
my eye on for a month. I’m just oh so close to having all of the
money saved...

Today I sent my boss an email today asking what was going to
happen next week when I took my new job. I said, “So, who’s going
to do my work?” He said something like, “We’ll take care of some
of your clinics for you, but until we find someone, you’re going
to have to take care of calls at the main clinic while you do your
new job.” Um... Ok, I think I’m going to have my old boss talk to
my new boss and see what they come up with. Good thing I only have
8 hours a day!

And, last but not least today; My sweet wife is in a contest this
week to see who can get the most unique bidders on their ACEO art
cards. If you’d like a little pumpkin card for Halloween, check
out her art.

Remember to bid low, and have your friends do the same!



Click picture for more info

Oh yeah, and one last, last thing. I took my sweet wife out to
Chili’s for lunch today. It was a little emotional because they
had all of the chili’s people colored, and donated a $1 each for
St. Jude’s childhood cancer research. ( We colored a bunch of them last year. You can see them here and here

We’ll do the same this year. (I think you can send them to us
too...) This year, St. Jude’s is building a new pediatric brain
tumor research center. Chili’s will donate 100% of their profits
on September 25th (next Monday) to St. Jude’s. So, next Monday, be
sure and go out for dinner at Chili’s!

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Co-workers sympathized as my mother complained that her back was
really sore from moving furniture. "Why don't you wait till your
husband gets home?" someone asked. "I could," my mother told the
group," but the couch is easier to move if he's not on it."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

A recent college graduate took a new job in a hilly Eastern city
and began commuting each day to work through a tiring array of
tunnels, bridges and traffic jams. To make the task less onerous,
he invited several of his co-workers to share the ride. He soon
found, however, that the commute continued to get more stressful,
especially the trips through the tunnels. He consulted the company
doctor. "Doc," the frustrated commuter complained, "I'm fine on
the bridges, in the traffic, in the day and at night, and even
when Joe forgets to bathe all week long. But when I get in the
tunnels and I've got those four other guys crowded around me in
the car, I get anxious and dizzy and feel like I'm going to
explode." Without further analysis, the doctor announced he had
identified the ailment. "What is it, Doc? Am I going insane?"
"No, no, no, my boy. You have something very common in these
parts." "Please tell me! What is it?" "You have what is known
as.... Carpool Tunnel Syndrome."

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A tax collector knocked on the door of a country debtor. "Is Bill
home?" he asked the woman who answered the door. "Sorry," the
woman replied. "Bill's gone for cotton." The next day, the
collector tried again. "Is Bill here today?" "No, sir," she said.
"I'm afraid Bill has gone for cotton." When he returned the third
day, he humphed, "And I suppose Bill has gone for cotton again
today?" "No," the woman answered solemnly. "Bill died yesterday."
She wiped a tear with a tear-stained hanky. Suspicious that he was
being avoided, the collector decided to wait a week and
investigate the cemetery himself, where, sure enough, there was
poor Bill's tombstone with the inscription, "Gone, But Not for
Cotton."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home