c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

7/6 - Dinner breath

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, July 06, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight I gathered all of the boys up, in my den, for a family
council. “Boys,” I said. “We’ve got a problem.” Everyone got
really quiet. “First, I wanted to let all of you know what son #4
had a clean scan today!” Everyone cheered. “But,” I continued, “We
have a serious problem with today’s events.” It got quiet again.
“Since son #4 had clean scans today, so we have to figure out
somewhere to go to dinner!” Cheers again...

For the next 90 seconds they threw out their ideas, and then
loudly shot down anyone else’s dinner idea. Son #4 sat there for
most of the discussion, and then he yelled, “HEY, I KNOW!” and
everyone got quiet again. “I know a place that’s really cheap for
dinner.” We all said, “Where?” He replied, “The gas station!” We
all looked at each other and smiled. He continued, “They have
really good ice cream sandwiches!”

We all broke out in laughter.

Wow, now we can breathe again for 3 months. But the next
appointment is a year after treatment. (It’s a little early, it’s
more like just shy of 11 months...) Next time son #4 has a brain
and spine MRI, Lumbar puncture, hearing tests, endocrinology
tests, more eye tests, and I think even cognitive tests. It’s
gunna be a busy week than!

But, for now, at least I can sleep tonight.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The doctor had just been buried. The last words of the service
over, his friends and family started toward their cars. However,
they stopped because a strange, eerie sound suddenly was heard
from the grave. As the guests looked around, a colleague of the
deceased said, "It's nothing... just his beeper."
~Wanda D.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>


A man goes to Africa on a safari. While there, he comes upon an
elephant, in great pain, with a giant thorn in its foot. The man
very carefully approaches the elephant, and gingerly removes the
thorn from its foot. The elephant begins to walk away, then turns
and stares at the man for a full minute, locking eyes with him.
The elephant then continues on its way. "I wonder if I ever see
that elephant again if it will remember me?" the man muses to
himself. It is a few years later, and the man is at a circus back
in the States. He notices that one of the elephants keeps looking
at him, almost like it KNOWS him. The man wonders, "Could this be
that elephant I helped so long ago?" He decides to get a closer
look. With the elephant still giving him the stare-down, the man
moves in closer, getting right up in front of the elephant. They
lock eyes. A knowing look seems to cross the elephant's face. It
reaches down... picks the man up carefully with its trunk... lifts
him high in the air... THROWS HIM CRASHING TO THE GROUND AND
STOMPS HIM TO DEATH! Turns out it wasn't THAT elephant.
_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A profoundly ugly girl went to the psychiatrist. "My life is a
mess, doctor," she began, "I am so hideous that no one will
associate with me, touch me, or even talk to me. Can you help?"
"Why, certainly! Helping people feel much better about themselves
is my area of expertise. I can start making you feel more
confident about your appearance right here and now." "Oh, I am so
grateful! What should I do first?" she asked. "First things first.
Just walk over to the other side of the room and lie face down on
my couch."

1 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations and all blessings on #4's clean MRI !!! Yahoo ! Since It was his special day,he certainly should have ice cream sandwiches for supper.{LOL}
    God Bless,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home