c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

3/30 - Castle Break Time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, March 30, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dija miss me? I didn’t think so.

With everything so booked up with Scouts, play practice, trips to
Randolph for cleaning and packing, and son #4’s upcoming MRI,
there isn’t much time for just my sweet wife and me. She never
says so, but I think she envies my Saturday outings with the boys.
So, as a stress reliever we decided to take one night off.





We got grandma and grandpa to watch the 4 boys over night, (THANK
YOU GUYS!) and we decided to go to the Castle Creek Inn.
It’s a pretty cool bed and breakfast inn not too far from home. It’s
a small castle with 10 theme rooms. We spent a night in the base of
one of the towers. Last night we had a nice dinner and got to spend
some really quiet time together. It’s amazing how quiet it gets
without 4 little boys running around.

Anyway when we told son #1 where we were going he said, “Why are
you doing that? It’s just like a hotel room.” Yeah, give it a few
years youngster...

Anyway, I took the day off from work and we spent the day together
doing just... stuff. We looked for entry way lights, stopped at
the bank, the post office, bought some shoes, you know, all the
boring stuff. But, it was nice to spend some time along, plus, for
me it was a welcome break from work.

So, if you can plan a mid-week break with your spouse away from
the kids, do it. It’s worth it!

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. I think I told you last week that Son #4’s MRI was on Monday.
I goofed. I think it’s ~my~ noodle that’s messed up, not his. His
MRI is actually Tuesday at 8AM, not Monday. That’ll give all of us
an extra day to pray for a clean scan!



=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Marty,
I will be keeping son #4 and your family in prayer that the test
results are good. God bless you!
Eddie

Marty -- I took German in school, (many moons ago) and our teacher
always told us to get the 'fish bone' sound. I guess another way
to put it would be a 'rolling' sound in the throat.. Can't expain
it, but I sure remember she corrected our pronounciation no matter
where she met us, even during off school hrs.!! She even corrected
our English and I'm so glad b/c at my age (and it's old) I still
have a good handle on using proper words/ distinction, etc. etc.
Have a great day and good luck on the German sound!! :-)
~Cathy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home