c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

3/28 - Radioactive Movie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is the 27th anniversary of the 3 mile island nuclear
accident
. It is the worst nuclear accident in US History.

The accident didn’t kill anyone, and only released a small amount
of off-site radioactivity, but it brought about sweeping changes
in nuclear energy regulatory oversight.

And speaking of radiation; that reminds me of son #4. He has
his 2nd post-op MRI next Monday. My sweet wife and I have the Pre-
MRI Jitters. I don’t think there’s any way we can get used to
this. We had a clean scan and a 5th birthday with him since the
end of his treatments in December. So that’s got to mean good
results on Monday... Right?

Last night for family night we went to see the Lion, the Witch and
the wardrobe
. We all thought it was really great, except for son #4
who fell asleep in my sweet wife’s lap about an hour in… After the movie,
when we were walking to the car, son #1 said something about, “Wow,
that was really a cool religious movie!” I said, “Huh?” He said,
“Yeah dad, remember; the lion died for someone else’s sins. He came
back to life and fought against Evil.” Then he said, “C.S. Lewis’ books
are even in the religious section at the library.” I said, “Oh,
yeah, that makes sense...”

I guess my mind is on MRIs...



For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:


[> Now, I just need to find an internet site that will teach me]
[> how to do a thick German accent. Any ideas?]

A thick German accent requires a lot of phlegm. Eat some candy
and drink sone OJ. Good luck.
~Justin H.

A German accent? That's EASY! Watch a couple of hours of "Hogan's
Heroes"! You could do Schultz, the dumb German, Klink, the wimp
German, or Hoffsteder, the stereotypical mindless, ruthless,
Gestapo movie German.
Jeff G. Pittsburgh

Rent German movies or WW2 movies
Kobus B.

[Thanks all!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home