c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

3/15 - Pi and Salad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Oh, it’s the Ides of March. We were going to have Caesar Salad
today, but didn’t have time. We did have a pie yesterday. Why a pie?
Because it was 3.14 (pi) that’s why!]



The other day I was feverishly typing away on my computer, and
noticed that it was almost time for play practice. I asked son #2 to
run a message up to my sweet wife and to tell her that if we were
going to make play practice on time, that we’d better have dinner
fairly quickly. When he arrived with the message he said, “Dad said
if we’re going to make play practice on time, dinner needs to
hurry.” She said, “Go back and tell your dad that dinner is almost
ready, and we’ll be eating in 15 minutes.” He replied, “I’m not
going to tell him, I’m not a messenger.”

Oh, just when you want to be I guess.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Love the sking photos! He looks SO cute! So it's not ok to say
'blind' eh? I work with all ages that have various challenges in
their lives and we are not meant to say 'handicapped'at all! A
handicap is seen as something less that desirable - almost
derogatory, so we have to say 'challenged' as in 'visually
challenged' mmmm.... does that mean you can be 'verticly
challenged' if you are short? or 'folicly challenged if bald'? wow
this is limitless! :-)
Jen

I've really missed your JOTD. Good luck with your dad's estate.
Thanks for returning and for the brief explanation--you were
greatly missed. I'm glad that Son #4 is enjoying his ski lessons.
He is adorable.
--Justin's Mother-in-Law

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home