c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

3/22 - Reality Wives

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today at son #1’s school, it was “Reality Town”. This is a one day
program where they take the students’ classes, interests, and most
importantly, their GPA, and give them a ‘life’. They take on a
career, salary, and family responsibilities. They have to write
checks to pay the bills for housing, food, transportation, and
entertainment. They have a bank where they deposit their checks,
or they can get a loan. It’s kind of like the game of life without
the stupid spinner.

Son #1 got a fairly good paying job with his GPA at $50K/Yr. He
had some sort of computer job. He said he gave his ‘wife’ their
only car, and he took the bus because it was cheaper. (That might
get old fast...) He said he was doing really well but then said,
“I got board and decided to take another wife... uh hum, I mean
another job.”

Watch it youngster...

Although it is funny being from Utah, and the stereotypical ideas
people have about Utah and polygamy. When my sweet wife and I
travel (rarely) to far away places, I’ve even introduced her
saying, “This is my ~first~ wife.” It’s funny to see people’s
reactions. (And yes... for those wondering, she is my only
wife...)



For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

>Marty, It is so neat that you take the time in your busy life to
>put on pictures and stories on your website. Keep up the good
>work. Love Mom G... ~#1 Mother-in-law...

To Mom G...
Would this be because he doesn't have time to send family
pictures? I know this feeling all too well..even the grandbaby
that lives close by..but then, my camera's not broke..but I just
forget to take pics, since I'm busy on the floor playing with
him..haha Keep up the great work Marty...we luv ya and your
family!!!
~Debi S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home