c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

3/14 - Scuba Girls

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight we took the Scouts for our bi-annual scuba experience. It’s where you pay $15, go to the dive shop, get some instruction, and play under the water until it’s time to go. We had a great time! It was kinda funny; we all got weight belts to hold us down. (I got a few extra on my belt) When son #2 let all of the air out of his BCD, he was still floating. Without missing a beat, the instructor took off the weights from his belt, and stuck a couple more weights in son #2’s pockets. He sank with the rest of us and didn’t even notice.



Last Sunday was fast Sunday. I haven’t done interviews for awhile, so I thought it was a good time to start again. I interview each of the boys, alone, and ask them what’s up with their lives, how things are going, and just talk. When it was son #1’s turn, I asked him about girlfriends. “Dad, you know I’m not supposed to have a girl friend until I’m 16.” I said, “Ok, tell me who is a good friend, who’s a girl.” He replied, “There are a couple of them.” “Ok,” I said, ”name 3 friends who are girls.” Fully expecting him to pause for a second or two. Without a beat he said, “Adrian, Alicia, and Angel.” I said, “Ok, that’s not bad. Hey, that’s funny. Did you notice that all 3 of those girls’ names start with the letter A?”

He grinned at me and said, “I know dad. I was just listing them alphabetically.”

Yikes...



For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Dear Marty, Welcome back -- we all missed you! We hope some of the stress eases up soon. Be sure you and your sweet wife take care of YOURSELVES because stress can effect you in many, many ways... I am so glad that [son #4] is lovin' his ski lessons. What a terrific hat!! He is such a doll and we hope he enjoys life to the fullest!
Love, Betty H.

Marty, Been there; done that with the estates of both my Mom and
my Uncle (surrogate father). It is not fun. I will keep you in
prayers during this stressful time. Best wishes,
~Eddie

Yeah I am pleased that you feel that you can write again. I didn't
realize how much I had missed it until it was not there. Thanks,
~#1 Mother in law

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home