c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Can I buy a sattelite dish at the grocery store?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since there are not too many little ‘little’ kids in the
neighborhood, my wife is willing to try anything to get son #4 to
go and play with other kids. There’s a family a couple of blocks
away that has a little girl who just turned three. My sweet wife
decided to see how they got alone together. We know the mom really
well, so my sweet wife dropped off son #4. The other mom said they
played together very well. Except for the first 30 minutes where
she said her (very shy) daughter was a little a little scared of
son #4. (Oh, really? I can’t imagine that...)

Anyway, after my sweet wife dropped off son #3, she went to school
to help son #3 with some stuff. The cell signal is really bad
there, so when my wife got a 15 minute old message notification on
her phone, and fearing the worst, she quickly called the other mom.


The other mom said, “They’re playing together so well, I think I’m
going to take them to the store and buy them a treat.” My sweet
wife thought... “Nooooooo!!! NOT the store! Don’t take him there!!”
That’s the one place in the world that he acts up the worst. She
quickly called the other mom to warn her about the havoc that son
#4 can do in the grocery store. Unfortunately the other mom had
already left.

When she got home and called my sweet wife, my sweet wife was
expecting the worst. The other mom said, “Oh, he was really great.
He’s such a sweet little boy, and has the best manners.”

My kid? Yeah, uh huh. Sure he is. It’s like the drug dealers. The
first couple are free, then BAM! You don’t know what hit you.

hehehe

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s.
Buddy is doing ok, but he’s starting to chew his dressing off.
(What else does he have to do) I can see some of the rods sticking
out of his broken leg. The Vet said to get him one of the
‘satellite dish’ type of collars so he won’t chew on it. Funny
thing, the pet stores don’t carry them. So we have to go back to
the vet to get one. Wonder how much he’ll soak us for, for another
trip back in?

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Hi Marty

I enjoy your newsletter. Your little dog might benefit from Aloe
Vera - it's a natural anti-inflammatory and acts like a steriod but
without the side effects. I'm in the UK, but I can tell you how to
get it in the US if you email me back...
All the best
Carol H.

[grin – We used to tease my mom about Aloe Vera. Every time we had
any kind of ache or pain, cut or bruise, she’d say, “get the Aloe
Vera out and use it!”]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home