c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Honey, where's my ammo? I'm tired.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, March 10, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven’t been sleeping very well lately. (Maybe you can tell by
the quality of my stories and jokes this week.) Driving home from
work today, I got really sleepy, so I told myself that I would take
a quick 30 minute nap before dinner. But, I ran into a few
problems. When I put my head on the pillow, the boys started
playing loud. So I got up to shut my bedroom door. Not 10 seconds
after I lay down again, the phone rang. It was a good friend of
mine, “Hey, I got 4 extra Jazz tickets to the game tomorrow night.
Can you use them?” Dang... any night but tomorrow night. I have to
work mandatory overtime until 10PM. I told my sweet wife and she
gave me the “oh, fine! Don’t think of me. I could have used them”
look. Oops. So I tried to lay down again. Then son #1 started
practicing his viola for an upcoming concert. And loudly. By now
I’m getting frustrated. It can be a really bad then when he
practices, but you can’t tell him to stop, because you’re always
begging him to start. So, I walk out and tell my sweet wife I’m not
happy. I reach for the ammo box, pull it down, and put it on the
counter. “You’re starting to scare me” my sweet wife says with a
smile. I pull out the .22 bullets. “What are you doing?” she says,
not smiling any longer. I said, “It’s too noisy, and I’m going to
do something about it!” So I pull my earplugs out of the carton and
put the ammo back. Then, back to my room, shutting the door, and
back to bed. I lay down one last time and start to get comfortable.
I hear a muffled yell, and a thump thump on my bed. I roll over on
the floor to find son #4 under my bed, in ‘his’ spot playing cars.
I politely ask him to remove himself from my room, and then
actually get a quick power nap.

I guess you just have to be persistent.

Until Monday...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

P.S. Speaking of next week, we have a huge day on Tuesday the 15th
of March. Can anyone guess what it is? Email me your guesses, and
I’ll post your answers in Tuesday’s Issue.

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Ahh... I finally got some comments yesterday, but my hotmail
account is down right now. Sorry, I’ll get ‘em out on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home