c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Buy a Car and Go to Vegas!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, March 09, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess we just love going to sales pitches. Tonight my sweet wife
and I had an appointment to go to a car dealership to test drive a
car and get a prize. We could get something like a $1000 shopping
spree, $500 in groceries, a vacation, or other fabulous prizes.
We’ve been to enough of these that we knew they were all ‘junk’
prizes. We ended up with the 3-day 2-night vacation. This is the
one where you have to pay a small processing fee, jump through 5
different hoops, pay a little bit, then jump through 8 more hoops,
then hope you actually get a hotel room booked at the end.

Even though these are ‘junk’ prizes, I can’t see how these guys can
make any money advertising like this. My sweet wife and I are a
pretty tough sell on cars. And, I think we answered his question
the wrong way.

How old is your oldest car? “’98”
How much do you owe on it? “We don’t, we paid cash”
How many miles? “Only 55K”
When will you be in the market to buy a car? “Exactly 4 years and 2
months.”

He said, “Huh?” We explained to him that we have two cars, and that
we just bought a car last May. “We’re on a strict 10-year plan. We
save our money up for 5 years, buy a 1 or 2 year old car and keep
it for 10 years. 5 years later, we do the same thing and turn in
our oldest car.”

“Oh,” he said, “I guess if you can do it that way...” Then he went
and spoke with his manager. “My manager says you don’t have to test
drive a car, but you can pick out a prize.”

Maybe they could make some money on eBay buying and selling sheets of
32 uncut dollar bills. (Just like mine! <---- Shameless plug)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3963601526

Other than disappointing a sales guy, I think the best part of the
night was spending an hour with my sweet wife driving and just
talking, and of course, the high class, elegant dinner at Le-Carl’s
Jr.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Still too quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home