c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, February 21, 2005

Cakes and empty handed Grandma's

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, February 21, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday night was our annual Blue and Gold banquet. Because we only
have 4 or 5 cub scouts, and only 7 Boy Scouts, we decided to
combine the annual dinner with the Boy Scout court of honor.
Everyone in our family was invited except son #4. He got to go next
door with Justin’s youngest sister. When we picked #4 up, she was
very polite and wouldn’t accept any money. “Oh, I didn’t have
anything else to do tonight.”

Yeah, right. On a Friday night, except watch Blues Clues, play
“shoot the bad guys”, and play with trains. Boy, our neighbors are
so cool!

Anyway, at the Blue and Gold banquet, they had the traditional cake
walk. All of my boys wanted to make cakes (son #4 got the one that
didn’t rise in the pan, so we left it home). As the Cubs and Scouts
got their cakes from the cake walk and brought them back to our
table, I encouraged them to choose someone who didn’t get a cake,
and to think about giving it to them. (There was no way I was going
eat 3 cakes from the banquet, plus a flat one at home). When son #3
got back to the table, I looked at the head table and suggested he
give it to the head of the sponsoring organization (our church
Bishop and his wife), the Webelos leader (Father/Mother-in-law #1)
or the Cub master (LaMonte, Justin’s Dad). After a long pause, Son
#3 decided to give his cake to the Bishop, who was at the far end
of the head table. I told him I’d walk him over with him to deliver
the cake. As we walked over, Grandma spied us and said, “Oh, thank
you!” as she held out her hands. She had the funniest look on her
face as son #3 walked right past her and over to the Bishop.

But, we did invite mom and dad over for a really nice Sunday
dinner...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Hi Marty,
I am a little late in sending this. I am currently in the
Philippines and they celebrate Valentines Day with a passion.
Celebrations all over the place. Shopping malls have kissathons,
loads and loads of valentine decorations everywhere you look!! So
you can add that to your list of places that celebrate.

By the way, I have noticed you have a world-wide group of people
getting your emails. Have you ever taken a quick survey and asked
folks to let you know where they live and get your emails?? May be
interesting!!!
Nancy

[I did about a year or two ago. I think the furthest away was in
the Netherlands, or maybe it was Japan. I can’t remember...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home