c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Dog names

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, February 28, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quite a few months ago, we put down our dog buster after 18 years.
It wasn’t easy. Then, we went from, we gotta get a dog now, to,
‘gee, it’s really nice not having to deal with a dog’ to ‘my dad
just happens to have a new litter of Brittney spaniels, and he’s
willing to give us one…’

So, it looks like on Saturday, we’ll have a new 7 week old liver-
and-white Brittany spaniel. I’m not sure I’m happy or dreading
another pet in the house. After all, we’ve got speedy and zippy the
turtles, 3 triops in a tank #3 has, and an occasional raccoon in
the attic. And, son #2 wants to get a lizard or a snake.

Anyway, going along with our last dog’s name of Buster (short for
Dust Buster) we thought we’d name the dog Hoover, or Kirby. There’s
also a list of other dog names we came up with the other night.

Kitty (my contribution)
Buddy
Spike
Spears (“Brittany” Spaniel)
Dog
Random
Superfly (son #3 contribution)
Peeve
Dweezel and
Mr. Ed.

Hmm... good thing dogs can’t understand ‘human’...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

2 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can always name your dog Zuko after Danny Zuko in Grease.

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh and by the way I like reading about your kids. Makes me glad I don't have any! LOL (just kidding)Maybe.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home