c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

A quiet night alone, installing computers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dija miss me? Didn’t think so. I don’t think son #4 missed us
either.

My 3 health clinics in central Utah got a bunch of PCs delivered to
me a few weeks ago, and they needed installing. So I convinced the
boss to let me take my sweet wife, and we took an overnight road
trip. So, I didn’t think it would be proper to try and squeeze in a
JOTD issue.....

Anyway, the 4 boys had a great time at Grandma and Grandpa’s house,
and my sweet wife and I got to spend some quality time together.

When we got back today, my sweet wife picked up son #4 from the in-
laws, and headed home. As she pulled in the driveway she said, “I’m
going to put this in the house and we’ll go right to the store.”
Son #4 protested, “No, I want to go to little-Monte’s house.” (He
now calls LaMonte, Justin’s dad, ‘little’-Monte) He wanted to go
see Justin’s sister, his baby sitter from the other night. He was
going to play trains or something with HIM. (He still isn’t getting
his pro-nouns correct. He calls all females He, Him, and His. Must
be the 4th son thing). Anyway, my sweet wife told him to get back
into the van as she walked in our house. Of course when she
returned 15 seconds later, he was gone. She quickly ran over to the
neighbor’s house to find him heading in the door where LaMonte’s
wife said, “I was just going to call you.” When my sweet wife spied
him at the top of the stairs, he ran and hid behind the couch.

Yeah, I think son #4 missed us terribly. Maybe we should try two
nights next time. Hmm...

(How about it Grandma and Grandpa??)

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

MT today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home