c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Baldness and Bees

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, February 16, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boy, I think I’m really getting old!

Remember I told you that my sweet wife and I were going to dinner
and a play tonight? Well, at intermission, a middle-aged man came
up to me and said, “Marty? Right?” I said, “Yeah?” He said, “I’m
Derrick, remember me?”

When my sweet wife and I were married, almost 19 years ago (wow...)
I was asked to be the Boy Scout Varsity Coach (thus beginning my
long and illustrious career in Scouting) Derrick was one of my
first Scouters. I remember him, and his little brother well. They
were pretty wild kids. Now he’s married, has 3 kids, and really
bald. We talked about old times for a minute or two; then he told
me he now had 6 beehives. (Our Varsity team raised bees for honey
as a fundraiser. Sticky, sticky fun! That was until my sweet wife
got stung, and a few days later the neighbor complained to the
city.)

Anyway, then Derrick said to my sweet wife, “you look exactly like
I remember you, but Marty, you’re looking old...”

Guess that happens.

I didn’t have the heart to tell him I still had all of my hair!

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

According to my sister who spent a couple years there, Italy
celebrates Valentine's Day, too, but you only give to your
spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend. Not kids or parents or teachers, etc.
~Justin’s Sister in AZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home