c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

11/7 - Today, life is good...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday we went to our favorite movie house and saw 'Underdog'. I
was expecting a really cheesy movie, but things turned out better
than expected.

At dinner I asked the kids which movie they wanted to see; Passage
to Zerahemla or Underdog. I knew Passage would be a little violent
(but people at work assured me it was ok for a 6 year old...) Son
#4 also has always had a thing about unknown stuff. He doesn't
like to hike. He doesn't like to go to unknown places, or movies
he hasn't seen before. I'm sure it has to do with his sight and
falling, and watching Pirates of the Caribbean before he was old
enough.

Anyway, at dinner, son #4 refused to go to either movie. “What if
I don't like it?” he'd say. Or, “What if it's scary?” So I guided
the boys into convincing him to go to Underdog. This killed two
birds with one stone. It got him to (reluctantly) go to a movie
for family night, and gave the older boys a stake in one movie
over the other, rather than argue about which one to see.

So, I really liked Underdog. It was believable, (ok not really,
but sort of...) and the story line was good. Although the only
drawback to the whole movie was that the short Simon Bar-sinister
was a rotten actor. But, other than that it was great. I'd rate it
a 3.5 out of 4 boys rating). During the whole movie everyone was
laughing out loud (including son #4). After the movie we asked him
how he like it. He knew the teasing would be forthcoming, so he
scowled and said, “There were some parts I didn't like.” When we
asked him which ones, he couldn't think of any and finally said he
was glad he went.

Now, I used to pop popcorn and sneak it in to the theaters, but a
few years ago one of my readers suggested that that was teaching
my boys the wrong thing about 'stealing'... I protested, but
finally relented. I haven't sneaked popcorn in for over a year I
think. Even though the ticket prices are 50¢ each, the popcorn and
2 pops for the 6 of us is almost $15. Wow. I guess I'll lighten my
wallet and loosen my belt. (Yeah, I know, but I have no self
control when it comes to movie popcorn.)

So, today, life is good.

Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. I posted a 20% off coupon for VF Factory Outlet stores. (web)
They encourage you to pass it to friends and family. Have fun!



Here's a funny Halloween prank video


Here's another I thought was funny...


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

She spent the first day packing her belongings into boxes, crates
and suitcases.

On the second day, she had the movers come and collect her things.

On the third day, she sat down for the last time at their
beautiful dining room table by candle-light, put on some soft
background music, and feasted on a pound of shrimp, a jar of
caviar, and a bottle of spring-water.

When she had finished, she went into each and every room and
deposited a few half-eaten shrimp shells dipped in caviar into the
hollow of the curtain rods.

She then cleaned up the kitchen and left. When the husband
returned with his new girlfriend, all was bliss for the first few
days. Then slowly, the house began to smell.

They tried everything; cleaning, mopping and airing the place out.
Vents were checked for dead rodents and carpets were steam
cleaned. Air fresheners were hung everywhere. Exterminators were
brought in to set off gas canisters, during which they had to move
out for a few days and in the end they even paid to replace the
expensive wool carpeting.
Nothing worked!!!

People stopped coming over to visit.
Repairmen refused to work in the house.
The maid quit.

Finally, they could not take the stench any longer and decided to
move.

A month later, even though they had cut their price in half, they
could not find a buyer for their stinky house.

Word got out and eventually even the local Realtors refused to
return their calls.

Finally, they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank to
purchase a new place.

The ex-wife called the man and asked how things were going.

He told her the saga of the rotting house. She listened politely
and said that she missed her old home terribly and would be
willing to reduce her divorce settlement in exchange for getting
the house back.

Knowing his ex-wife had no idea how bad the smell was, he agreed
on a price that was about 1/10th of what the house had been worth,
but only if she were to sign the papers that very day. She agreed
and within the hour his lawyers delivered the paperwork.

A week later the man and his girlfriend stood smiling as they
watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new
home.........

And to spite the ex-wife, they even took the the curtain
rods!!!!!!

I love a happy ending, don't you?
~#1 Mom

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Attending a wedding for the first time, a little girl whispered
to her mother, 'Why is the bride dressed in white?' 'Because white
is the color of happiness, and today is the happiest day of her
life.' The child thought about this for a moment, then said,
'So why is the groom wearing black?'
~Wanda D.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Concerned about fitness in my middle 40s, I enrolled in an
aerobics class. To my dismay I walked into a room filled with much
younger women and decided to combat my nervousness with humor.

"I'm here to do my postnatal exercises,"

The instructor gave me an appraising look. "How old is your baby?"

"Twenty-six," I replied.

~Wanda D.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger LACY said…

    we are up at primarys for our MRi I think Dec 18?? That would be fun to see ya. What a life huh. I am so glad #4 gets to do all those fun things and get fun things, he deserves it, you guys too! I love hearing about it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home