c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

10/23 - Another day trying not to think about ~it~.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, we’re just back from a financial seminar dinner. You know, one
of those... “come-to-a-fancy-dinner-and-learn-about-our-company-
and-let-us-invest-your-money-for-you-of-course-we’ll-take-just-a-
little-bit-of-coin-from-you-too” dinners. Well, when they asked, I
was feeling rich, and hungry, and when they mentioned Carvers
Steak and Chop house, I jumped at the chance. Only, the invitation
said, “geared for ages 55 and above”. So, I was feeling just a
little guilty when I called to make reservations. When I asked
about the 55 year old requirement, she said, “No Problem!” So, I
felt better about going, but, I think I was the youngest one in
the room. But, that’s ok, I still think I can swim with the big
fish and hold my own.

Anyway, son #4 called just as we were being served prime rib and
said, “Mom, I’m hungry!” (son #1 was making dinner just then) and
added, “and you ~never~ eat dinner with us!” Which tugged at both
of our heart strings. But considering we eat dinner with them at
least 5 times a week (And more like 6 nights a week [or 7 times if
we miss ‘date night’ together]) I didn’t feel guilty too long,
especially with a 10 oz slab of prime rib on my plate!



Anyway, I’m trying to keep busy and keep my mind on other things.
I keep telling myself, he’s either got tumors or he doesn’t, and
there’s not a thing you can do about it, so get over it. So, I
try, and on with life we go.

I’m finally getting caught up on my blog reading. A couple of my
favorites that I need to link in my blog are – Scary stuff, all
that fire in California!

The Musings of a Space Nerd

THE GREAT GLADDEN FAMILY

Melody’s Doodles

Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-

Reader Comments;
Marty's jotd on a Friday???? Well, I guess it helps to make up
for all the days you missed. And thanks for the jokes again.
It's been so long I forgot what I sent you. Well, I guess it
doesn't have to be very long for that (I'll say it before you
can) Love, #1 Mom

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

A disappointed soft drink salesman returned from his Middle East
assignment. His boss asked, "Why weren't you successful with the
Arabs?"

The salesman explained, "When I got posted in the Middle East, I
was very sure to make a good sales pitch as our product was
virtually unknown there. I didn't know to speak Arabic, so I
planned to convey the message through 3 posters. My first poster
was a man crawling through the hot desert sand, totally exhausted
and panting. Second, the man is drinking our soft drink and third,
our man is now totally refreshed. Then these posters were pasted
all over the place"

"That should have worked," said the boss.

The salesman replied, "Well, not only did I not speak Arabic but I
didn't realize that Arabs read from right to left."

~Wanda D.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

When Mary was pregnant, her 5 year old, Billy, was utterly amazed,
and a little bit disbelieving, that his sister was growing in his
mom's tummy. So one day when the baby was especially active, she
sked Billy to place his tiny hands on her tummy to feel the baby
kick. But when he did, the baby was suddenly still. "Oh, Billy,
she must have decided to take a nap," shrugged Mary.

"A nap?" Billy marveled. "You mean there's a bed in there too?"

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

I did my nurse's training at a hospital in Liverpool, England. My
fellow students and I had little money for meals, so we ate the
awful food provided at the hospital complex. We often took our
breaks in the kitchen, and sometimes kindly visitors would give us
some of the treats they had brought for patients. One night a
woman brought a pork pie to the kitchen and said to me, "Would you
eat this up, love?" Delighted at the offer, another student and I
devoured every crumb. Soon our benefactor returned, however, and
asked, "Is me 'usband's pie 'ot yet, dearie?"

1 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Having lived near Liverpool myself, I had to chuckle at this joke. Yeah, the British dialects can be challenging if you're not used to them.

    Is this a joke from somone else, or did it really happen to you? This is a fun blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home