c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, October 08, 2007

10/8 - Family Rat Sailing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, October 08, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ratatouille; (IPA:[rætə’tui,-‘twi]; French pronunciation:
[ʁata’tuj]) - a southern French dish of vegetables cooked
together. Usually included are diced onion, sautéed in oil,
eggplant, garlic, green peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, flavored with
oregano, thyme, rosemary and basil.

Ratatouille is also a pretty good movie. (Especially at the dollar
theater, with half price family night tickets on Monday.) Ok, I
have to admit, my sweet wife and I, and my #1 mom saw it in San
Francisco, in a hotel room when we went there last month. I
thought the boys would enjoy it. Oh, you didn’t know about my San
Francisco trip? Sorry. We went to see my 90 year old Great Uncle,
my 100 year old 1st cousin twice removed (both on my mom’s side),
and a 4th cousin once removed, on my dad’s side. [For those of you
wondering, my Great Great Great Great Grandparents, and her Great
Great Great Grandparents were the same. Peter [marty’s-last-name]
was born in 1782 in New Jersey. Yes, the internet is great for
finding lost cousins...] Anyway, I digress. The movie was really
good, and I give it a four out of four sons rating.

Ok, here’s the really cool thing about the internet and finding a
cousin you never knew you had; They are the nicest people! (And
look like us in a distant sort of way...) We had lunch with
Barbara, her sister, and Barbara’s husband. They were the nicest
people you could hope to meet. And, to boot, they took us sailing
on San Francisco Bay in their sail boat! Here’s several pictures.


"MeMe" The 30 foot sailing boat


Marty Sailing out of the Harbor


Barbara (Cousin #197?)


Captain Norm (The nicest guy ever!)


Joyce (Cousin #198?)


My Sweet wife, Me, and My #1 mom. The day after, all a bit Sun burned.

Last week I even got a nice card telling ~US~ how much they
enjoyed our visit. So I feel terribly guilty, I haven’t even
written them since we got back. [note to self: write that thank
you card!] Cool people. But, then again, they are blood!

Funny stuff; Son #1, #2, and #3 didn’t have school today. Son #4
did. (4 boys in 4 different schools in two different districts
makes for an interesting schedule!) Son #1 convinced my sweet wife
to take them to Best Buy, where they had some software on sale for
$10. When they got there, my sweet wife jokingly said, “I dunno,
it’s rated teen...” Son #1 turned into a 6 year old, “But
Moooommm...” She grinned and teased, “I don’t think you’re old
enough.” Then he said, “Let me see the box.” He looked at it for a
second, and then licked the front of it. “There, now I have to buy
it.” Hmm... wasn’t that on a car commercial about 6 months ago?
Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comments;

Hi Marty!
I've missed you. I wish you and your family all the best. #4's MRI
will be fine.
Love always, Lillian
Have a good day
=-=-
Glad to see you posting again. I was afraid that yahoogroups might
have had my email in bouncing status or something.
--kh
=-=-
Welcome back! It is good to see you writing again...
Angel

3 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Pam's Place said…

    Marty, found your blog a few days ago and have enjoyed reading ast posts. I wish #4 well with his upcoming MRI.

    Enjoyed this latest post on SF. We lived there for 2 yrs on the Presidio overlooking that beautiful bay. How nice that you were able to visit with extended family as well.

    I've just subscribed to your blog. Look forward to receiving new posts.

    A neighbor in Provo

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger LACY said…

    Hey! Sounds like you guys are doing well. Tell Jimmy his tumor friend CJ said hi. What a cutie. I started a blog, you'll have to check it out. What a fun trip you guys had.

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I am very happy you and your family are doing well. I look forward to your emails. I am glad you had a good sail. Our last one here in Florida didn't turn quite as expected. We found Tyndall Air Force base the hard way. We ran hard aground last Wed. night on their beach. I had my frst helicopter ride by way of the Coast Guard! We came out alright but the boat didn't do as well. The rudder was broken and twisted which was pouring water in to the cockpit. Mast damaged, too. End of story- we sold the boat and drove home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home