c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

10/7 - Fart Jar and Conference Guilt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday, October 07, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Son #4 finally lost another tooth. This is yet another great
milestone, considering all of the radiation the sent through his
noggin. Then, at the dinner table he let one rip, and 4 accusing
fingers pointed at him and yelled, “It wasn’t me!” Of course mom
just shook her head. So, he had to pay the 25¢ penalty.

He was watching a movie tonight and said, “Dad, you know that
25¢ I put in the fart jar?” (He got $1.50 from the tooth fairy)
I said, “Yeah”. He said, “Well mom gave me another quarter for
it.” “What?!” I said, “How are you going to learn not to fart at
the table if mom gives you a quarter when you have to pay?”

Mom came running out of her (new) art room. “No... He didn’t
tell you that he had to do an extra choir and ‘earn’ a quarter.”

“Oh, I forgot that” he said.

So goes fun stuff at our house. I keep thinking, ‘that would be
something to put on the JOTD.” And then I’ve just gotten out of
the habit so bad, that I haven’t done it.

Today was General Conference. Elder Eyring gave a good talk this
morning, and I know he was talking to me when he spoke of an
experience he had and said, “I’m not giving you these
experiences for yourself, write them down.” ...record them for
your children, in the future. So, at least today, I’m writing
again.

I know both moms and my sweet wife have asked when I was going
to start the JOTD again. Maybe today...

I can’t believe it’s been 4 months since son #4’s last MRI. A
week from tomorrow is his next one. Wish us luck!

Enjoy today.
Marty

1 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Angel said…

    Welcome back! It is good to see you writing again...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home