c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, November 05, 2007

11/5 - That sounds smart enough...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, November 05, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a great Halloween night. I got to stay home with the dog,
and hand out candy, while the rest of the crew headed out for
treats. I had a total of 3 groups of kids. About 12 in all. Almost
not worth staying home. But, it was fun, none the less.

Son #4 was a pirate. He wore a patch over his blind eye, and
didn't seem to have any problems at all. (go figure). When
everyone got home, my sweet wife said that son #4 said, “Mom, will
you carry my candy?” She replied, “What for?” He said, “So I can
stick people with my sword.” And she said, “But you don't have a
sword with you.” and he said, “But mom, if I carry all that candy,
people won't even imagine that I have a sword.”

Hmm... I guess that makes sense.

A couple of weeks ago son #4 came home and said, “Guess what mom?
I ran a mile and came in second.” She brushed him off and said,
“That's nice honey...”



We had a parent teacher conference for him last week, and we were
going over his accomplishments and setting some goals. I asked how
long it would be before we could think about mainstreaming him
into a regular class. The teacher said she would look into getting
him into some class time with the 'regular' students at his
elementary school. Then she said, “We already have lunch, recess,
and PE with the regular kids.”

“Oh, how is that going?” I asked.

The elementary school is right next to a high school that has a
quarter mile track on it. The teacher said, “The kids went with
the other class and ran around the track 4 times. Son #4 came in
2nd place out of both classes.”

Um, oh, maybe we should start to believe our kid once in awhile.

Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section;


Am impressed with the weight loss!!! Also with the hair growth on
son #4. My hair came back in very thin with lots of scalp seen
through the front growth.
Wanda D.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

My co-worker was being let go due to a nasty habit she had
of not always showing up for work. As an officer in our
union, I was preparing to argue on her behalf when she took
matters into her own hands and insisted, "But I was really
sick this time!"

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Rick was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife
Was really angry so she told him, "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a Gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in less than 6
seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE!!"

The next morning Rick got up early and left for work. When his
wife woke up she looked out the window and sure enough There was a
box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway. Confused by the
small size, his wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway
and brought the box back in the house. She opened it and found a
brand new bathroom scale.

Rick has been missing since Friday. Please pray for him.
~Jan D.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

My brother was recently launched into the "real world" and shocked
by the expenses that came with it, he was complaining about the
high cost of auto insurance. "If you got married," teased my dad,
"the premium would be lower." He smiled. "That would be like
buying an airline just to get free peanuts."

=-=-=-

Scientists Decode the First Low-Frequency Radio Waves From an
Alien Civilization Ever to Reach Earth...

Simply send 6 x 10 to the 50 atoms of Hydrogen to the Star System
at the top of the list, cross off that star system, then put your
Star System at the bottom of the list and send it to 100 other
Star Systems. Within one-tenth of a Galactic Rotation you will
receive enough hydrogen to power your civilization until entropy
reaches maximum! IT REALLY WORKS!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home