c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

6/19 - Cute MRI

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today we’re all just a wee bit tired, and a wee bit cranky. No
wonder why. I was up late last night, got up early this morning,
and got everyone ready for son #4’s MRI. They put him under with
Nembutal, and he always wakes up just a little cranky. And stays
that way all day.

So, I’m doing the JOTD early so I can catch up on sleep.

When they were giving him his IV and taking vitals, we got the “oh
he’s so cute” no less than 5 different times today. We took son #1
with us, and they never said anything about him being cute. When
one IV nurse told son #4 how cute he was, I turned to son #1 and
said, “See, they don’t say you’re cute.” Without missing a beat he
said, “That’s right, I’m not cute because I’m hot!”

Whoa, slow down there mister...

After I talked about my dad’s ashes yesterday, someone mentioned
turning ashes of your loved ones into diamonds. Yup, you read
right. You can turn the carbon from a cremated body into a
diamond.

Weird.

Would you do it?

Here's some links

Lifegem

And, a video about it

Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Oh, and I almost forgot. We got CLEAN SCANS! Today.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Harold, the
computer guy, to come over. Harold clicked a couple of buttons and
solved the problem. He gave me a bill for a minimum service call.
As he was walking away, I called after him, "So, what was wrong?"
He replied, "It was an 'ID ten T' error." I didn't want to appear
stupid, but I nonetheless inquired, "An ID ten T Error? What's
that, in case I need to fix it again?" Harold grinned. "Haven't
you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?" "No," I replied.
"Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out."
So I wrote it down.

I D 1 0 T

I used to like Harold...

[I also use the ol’ “Chair-Keyboard-Interface error”. (which is
the user...]

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

A lawyer runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by a sheriff's
deputy. He thinks that he is smarter than the deputy because he is
a lawyer from New York and is certain that he has a better
education then any cop from Houston, Texas. He decides to prove
this to himself and have some fun at the Texas deputy's expense.
The deputy says, “License and registration, please."
"What for?" says the lawyer.
The deputy says, "You didn't come to a complete stop at the stop
sign."
Then the lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming."
"You still didn't come to a complete stop,” says the deputy.
“License and registration, please."
The lawyer says, "What's the difference?"
"The difference is you have to come to complete stop, that's the
law. License and registration, please!" the Deputy says.
The lawyer says, "If you can show me the legal difference between
slow down and stop, I'll give you my license and registration; and
you give me the ticket. If not, you let me go and don't give me
the ticket."
"That sounds fair. Please exit your vehicle, sir," the deputy
says.
At this point, the deputy takes out his nightstick and starts
beating the living daylights out of the lawyer and says, "Do you
want me to stop, or just slow down?"

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

This morning on the way to work I rear-ended a car at some lights
while not really paying attention. Anyway the guy who was driving
got out. And he was a dwarf! He said "I'm not happy." I said
"Well, which one are you then?"

~Betty H.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's fabulous about the scan!! Congrats!!

    Quick question - Do you have an RSS feed on your blog? I tried to link you on bloglines but it couldn't find a feed.

    Thanks for the great jokes and again congrats on the scan!

    Brandy in Indiana

     

Post a Comment

<< Home