c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, October 09, 2006

10/9 - Mmm Mmm Good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, October 09, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took a couple of nights off last week from the JOTD... just
‘cause...

Anyway, we had a great weekend. My sweet wife and I went to see
‘Fly Boys’ on Friday night. It was a pretty good movie. Then on
Sunday when we got home from church, I was feeling like I wanted
to cook dinner. I told my sweet wife I was going to cook dinner,
and she didn’t question me at all but just said “thanks”.

I took a chicken breast, cut it into smaller pieces, and cooked
some white rice, vegetables, and a white sauce. For the chicken, I
used celery salt, Worcestershire sauce, and some pepper. It was
actually pretty easy. Then I decided to make it look a little
fancy. I took out a platter; put the rice on it, the chicken
pieces on top of that, the vegetables around the outside, and the
white sauce all over the top. I put a little pepper on the top for
color, and it looked great. We had some apple sauce and other
stuff, and it was a great Sunday dinner. I sat it down in front of
the boys and said, “Mmm... boy that looks good!” The boys said it
looked and tasted wonderful. (I didn’t think the food was all that
good. I thought it tasted just a little better than ‘fair’, but
everyone else loved it.) The best compliment I got was from son #3
who said, “Dad, this is so fancy, can we get the candles out and
turn off the lights?” I guess I’ll have to take over the kitchen a
little more often.

Train update; I’ve taken the train to work a few more times since
my last issue, and haven’t had any serious issues. It’s saved me a
few bucks each day, so I think I’ll keep at it...

The doctors finally emailed us back and said that waiting a few
extra weeks shouldn’t be a problem with son #4’s bone
deterioration. We have him scheduled for surgery on December 4th.
We’ll keep our fingers crossed for another clean scan on October
18th.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comments;
Hi Marty, Would you like to trade my hearing since I have been in
deafness my whole life? Why not being pretend as deaf person to
ride in the train? I understand how you felt about in driving in
heavily traffic slowdowns. It is much worse in large cities. I
never forget when I got off from my job back in 1990. It was
rainning afternoon that I got off about 2:30 PM and it took me
five hours to get home... ...At this present at Seattle there are
much crazy drivers on those highways. I am glad that I am not
driving at this present. I let my spouse to do the driving.
Sincerely, Lynn C. a Deaf fan

[Thanks for your comments Lynn. 5 hours is a long commute!]

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A doting father used to sing his little children to sleep until he
overheard the four-year-old tell the three-year-old, "If you
pretend you're asleep, he stops."

=-=-=-

An American couple visiting a German village stepped into a small
shop to look for souvenirs. The woman sneezed. "Gezundheit!" said
the clerk "Charles," said the American woman to her husband,
"we're in luck. There's somebody here who speaks English."


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Bubba went to a psychiatrist. "I've got problems. Every time I go
to bed, I think there's somebody under it. I'm scared. I think I'm
going crazy." "Just put yourself in my hands for one year," said
the shrink. "Come talk to me three times a week, and we should be
able to get rid of those fears." "How much do you charge?" "Eighty
dollars per visit," replied the doctor. "I'll sleep on it," said
Bubba. Six months later the doctor met Bubba on the street. "Why
didn't you ever come to see about those fears you were having?"
asked the psychiatrist. "Well, eighty bucks a visit three times a
week for a year is an awful lot of money! A bartender cured me for
$10. I was so happy to have saved all that money I went and bought
me a new pickup with a big gun rack over the seat!" "Is that so!
And how, may I ask, did a bartender cure you?" "He told me to cut
the legs off the bed! Ain't nobody under there now!!!"

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A woman was shopping at her local supermarket, where she selected:

2 gallons of milk,
a carton of eggs,
a carton of orange juice,
a head of lettuce,
a medium can of coffee, and
a pound of bacon.

As she was unloading her items on the conveyor belt to check out,
a drunk standing behind her watched as she placed the items in
front of the cashier. While the cashier was ringing up her
purchases, the drunk calmly stated, "You must be single." The
woman was a bit startled by this proclamation, but she was
intrigued by the drunk's intuition, since she was indeed single.
She looked at her six items on the belt and saw nothing
particularly unusual about her selections that could have tipped
off the drunk to her marital status. Curiosity getting the better
of her, she said "Well, you know what? You're absolutely correct.
But how on earth did you know that?" The drunk replied, "Cause
you're ugly."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home