c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

10/10 - Blue Doors

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had an interesting lesson on Monday for family night. On Sunday
afternoon I took a glass of water and put blue food coloring in
it. I put a celery stalk in it, and brought it out for family
night on Monday night. We talked about environment, and how a bad
environment could affect you, even if you weren’t aware of it.
Anyway, son #3 thought the blue celery leaves were the coolest
thing in the world. He wanted to eat them during the lesson. I
told him not to eat them during the lesson, but he kept sneaking
the leaves. When son #2 saw this, he kept yelling at son #3 to
stop eating the leaves (so I could hear him too...) These boys
fight over the stupidest thing... Anyway, it was in interesting
lesson.

Then, tonight, my sweet wife went to an art meeting and came home
a little late. I had just put son #4 to bed. His window is right
next to the garage and when he saw her pull up, he opened his
windows. “Hi mom!” “Hi, what ya doing?” “Oh, just going to sleep.
Come in and tuck me in!” She replied, “But I won’t fit through the
window!” “Mom... You have to go down there and go through the
door.” “Oh, ok, I guess I could do it that way.” “Where did you go
tonight?” “Oh, just to a meeting about painting.” “Ok” She turned
and walked towards the door. “Hey! Where are you going?” She
turned to him and said, “To the door.” He looked confused for a
second and said, “Oh, yeah...”

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A college student was delivering pizza to a regular customer's
house in New York. The guy who answered the door asked him, "What
is the usual tip?" "Well," replied the youth, "this is my first
trip here, but the other guys say if I get a quarter out of you,
I'll be doing great." "Is that so?" snorted the man. "Well, just
to show them how wrong they are, here's five dollars." "Thanks!"
replied the youth, "I'll put this in my school fund." "What are
you studying?" asked the man. The lad smiled and said: "Applied
psychology."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

I spent several years as a submariner, and while at sea we would
have a celebration halfway through a patrol. On one such night,
the captain, who was serving dinner to the crew, tried to put some
vegetables on a recruit's plate. The young seaman wouldn't take
them. "With all due respect, sir," the recruit said, "I don't eat
them for my mother, and she outranks you."
--Contributed to "Humor In Uniform"
~Wanda D.

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Hi, Marty –
All the best to you, your sweet wife and the boys... I think this
is a valuable tool. It came to me through the monthly Encourager
newsletter distributed by Michael Thomas. Best wishes for a good
weekend and better train rides in the future. Whichever way you
decide to commute, you will now have a comparison and can be grateful
that you are not dealing with the problems of the other one.
Blessings,
~Susan R.
___________________________________________________________

BE SAFE. CHECK YOUR ADDRESS.
This may be disturbing..
It is www.familywatchdog.us
When you visit this site you can enter your address and a map will
Pop up with your house as the small icon of a house and red, blue,
Green, dots surrounding your entire neighborhood. When you click
on These dots a picture of a person will appear with an address
and the Description of the crime he or she had committed. The
best thing is that you can show your children pictures and see How
close these people live to your home or school. This site was
Developed by John Walsh from Americas Most Wanted. Another tool to
help Us keep our kids safe.


****************************************************************
Don’t Forget to Read my BLOG at
http://martysjotd.blogspot.com/

If you'd like to receive daily emails from us, send a
blank email to martysjotd-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or
visit http://www.egroups.com/group/martysjotd

****************************************************************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home