c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, July 17, 2006

7/17 - Vision Painting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, July 13, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to replace a door and frame to my car port wall last
weekend. And, since I hate doing a job over, (which usually
happens if I do the job...) I wanted to do it right. So, I hired
someone with more knowledge than me to come out and frame it and
install the door. But, I figured I could do the painting. After
the door went in, I could only find a medium sized paint brush,
and decided to tackle the job. It took almost 2 hours, and in 95º
weather I was pooped afterwards.

But, for about an hour of my painting, I got to hear Justin’s
nephew “B” and son #4 playing in the carport. They were riding
around the truck that was parked in the middle of the carport and
playing “cops and traffic”. They took turns riding around yelling
out traffic violations, then penalties. “You ran a red light! Now
you have to go to jail!” or “You were speeding, you have to pay a
fine...” At one point, “B” was the cop for a long time and son #4
didn’t like to be “thrown” in jail so much. So after one violation
he said, “It wasn’t a red light, it was a green light!” Both “B”
and son #4 tried to work out their problem, (while I just painted
away and said nothing) then “B” finally said, “My eyes are
better.” To which son #4 thought for a second and said, “Ok”. And
they played on. I think it was more of an observation than being
mean.

Anyway, later on they were playing “germs on you”. (I have no idea
how 5 year olds come up with these games...) Son #4 said, as “B”
rode through a puddle, “Hey, you’ve got red germs all over your
pant leg.” “B” said (while franticly searching), “Where? I don’t
see it.” I came in with my only comment during the whole play
time, “Son #4 has special vision that can see special things!”

I don’t think they remembered I was there and they both looked at
me and said, “Oh” and went back playing. I probably shouldn’t have
interrupted, because they both left 5 minutes later.

Oh well, it was cool while it lasted.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment sections

[Comment to Justin]
Shame on you. Wanting to get your mom in trouble.
~Wanda D

[hehehe]
_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
As a flight engineer on a C-130 cargo plane, I had been stationed
in Panama for several months before the December 1989 invasion.
Ever since I began my Air Force flying career, my mother has been
concerned for my safety, so I expected a long letter from her
expressing her anxiety. But what she sent was a sheet of paper
containing six words: "Kick theirs, protect yours. Love, Mom."
~Wanda D.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Students at school were asked to write about the harmful effects
of oil on fish. One 11-year old wrote, "When my mom opened a tin
of sardines last night it was full of oil and all the sardines
were dead."

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

When our second child was on the way, my wife and I attended a
pre-birth class aimed at couples who had already had at least one
child. The instructor raised the issue of breaking the news to the
older child. It went like this:

"Some parents," she said, "tell the older child, 'We love you so
much we decided to bring another child into this family.' But
think about that. Ladies, what if your husband came home one day
and said, 'Honey, I love you so much I decided to bring home
another wife.'"

One of the women spoke up immediately. "Does she cook?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home