c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

7/13 - Dirt Clog War

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, July 13, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every once in awhile my family walks by Justin’s parent’s house,
and his mom is sitting on her porch talking with Justin. Tonight
she was doing just that. Son #4 was running up and down the street
playing with Justin’s nephew, so I stopped and said “Hey, how are
you guys?” “Great!” they said. “Hey,” his mom said, “Justin’s on
the phone and said I should pick something up and throw it at
you.”

I didn’t hesitate one bit... I jumped over the fence, rolled on
the ground and hid behind a tree, picked up a dirt clod, hucked it
at Justin’s mom and pegged her right above her left ear! “HA! I
yelled, got you first!!”



Ok, not really.

Justin’s mom is probably one of the nicest ladies I know. But I
did yell back and say, “Tell him I just threw a dirt clod at you!”

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Can anyone tell me what album cover the above picture is from?

=-=-=-
Reader Comment sections

Possible new dog breeds;
Weapons of math instruction;
Texas quarters recall;
GREAT content in today's humor. Good job.
Rich in Minnesota
[Thanks Rich!]

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

As a freshman ROTC cadet, I took part in my first Army field-
training exercise. After a long day of rock-climbing and
rappelling, my platoon settled down for our C-rations. Hungry, we
tore into our cardboard boxes, opening cans of "Chicken or Turkey,
Boned," "Cheese Spread, Cheddar" and "Candy, Chocolate, With
Nougat." Then we came upon a device wrapped in a small brown
envelope, labeled: "Stimulant, Interdental" -- a wooden toothpick.

~Wanda D.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>


Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heal
that has crushed it.
~Mark Twain

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

I believe my young daughter wants a pair of glasses. I don't know
why she does. Perhaps glasses are now "cool" to have in school?
But though she sees just fine, she still says she needs glasses.
I took her to the eye doctor just to check it out though. She was
asked to read the bottom row of letters on the eye chart. She
said, "All right, I can see the 'O' and the 'P' and the 'T,' but
not the 'N' and the 'Z.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home