c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

7/11 - Frustrating Cake

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you ever have one of those nights that everything just seemed
to fall apart? Granted, I’m organizationally challenged, but
tonight everything just seemed to go kaput. Scout camp is coming
up, and it’s been a challenge to get adult leadership committed to
help out. Even with a small troop, a Scoutmaster can’t accomplish
two deep leadership’ on his own, no matter how hard he tries.
Tonight, with less than a week before we leave, I was told, “If
‘A’ and ‘B’ happens, I won’t go to camp...”



Arrgg... without elaborating, it’s just really frustrating to have
one thing after another fall apart. But, I’ll just keep plugging
along and do the best I can. That’s what I’m supposed to do,
right? On the bright side, we all know my family has been through
worse. Heck, so this will have to be a piece of cake...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty



=-=-=-
Reader Comments

Congratulations on the clear scan!!!
~Aleis, mom of Alexa

So glad for the good results from Son #4 tests!! There are a lot
of us out here pulling for you and saying a prayer.
~LB

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

[with 4 boys in the house you can surely relate to this
story....~Ruby C.]

Because I couldn't unplug the toilet with a plunger, I had to
dismantle the entire fixture, no small feat for a non-
plumber. Jammed inside the drain was a purple rubber dinosaur,
which belonged to my five-year-old son. I painstakingly got all
the toilet parts together again, the tank filled, and I flushed
it. However, it didn't work much better than before! As I pondered
what to do next, my son walked into the bathroom. I pointed to the
purple dinosaur I had just dislodged and told him that the toilet
still wasn't working. "Did you get the green one, too?" he asked.


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

My ship, a Navy destroyer, took a group of Naval Academy
midshipmen on a cruise of European ports. When my wife heard about
this, she decided to meet the ship at its various destinations. As
we pulled into each port, there she was on the dock, smiling and
waving as we maneuvered alongside. At our final port, there she
was again. "It's true what they say about the Navy," I said to the
midshipman standing next to me. "We do have a girl in every port."
"Yes, sir," he replied. "But the same one?"
~Wanda D.
_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Just in case you've had a rough day, here's an eight-step stress
management technique recommended in the latest psychological
texts. The funny thing is that it really works.


1. Picture yourself near a stream.
2. Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air.

3. No one but you knows your secret place.

4. You are in total seclusion from the hectic world.

5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a
cascade of serenity.

6. The water is crystal clear.

7. You can easily make out the face of the person you're holding
underwater.

8. See? You're smiling already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home