c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

4/25 - Customer Service Slows...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember when I told you about some extra ordinary customer
service I received at Wingers last week? Well, they say that every
time you tell your friends about good service, there are 10 times
that you’ll tell them about some bad service you receive. (That
statistic was probably something that ol’ Pizza Hut drilled into
my head while they held me captive for 7 years...) So you must
forward this to at least 10 friends and tell them what rotten
service I got today at Skippers. I normally don’t go out to eat
during lunch that often, but this week I’m in training class with
3 other techs in my division. So, I figured that a weeks worth of
eating out with the boys won’t kill me. (Or, then again, maybe it
will.) Anyway, today 2 of the guys wanted to go to all-you-can-eat
Skippers. Ten bucks for battered fish lunch wasn’t quite my style,
so I got the 3 piece fish and chips for $5. After about 5 minutes
they delivered the other two guys’ lunch, and said they were
‘working’ on mine. It took them 3 other tables sitting down and
getting their food before I finally got mine. (It was the exact
same fish and French fries that they other guys got.) A full 25
minutes had passed before I got my lunch. (Luckily one of the guys
gave me a fish fillet while I sat there drooling over his food.)

I thought about writing a letter to skippers and getting their
obligatory, ‘gee we’re sorry about the customer service you
received, here’s a $5 coupon for your troubles’ But, I decided it
wasn’t worth my time. I just won’t go there any more.

So, that’s my rant. I hope you don’t go to Skippers for lunch this
week!

Oh, and yesterday I purposely left out the free ice cream scoop
from [Put a famous ice cream place’s name here]. Their owners said
some nasty political stuff last year, so pffft on them.

But, there is a buy one, get one free sundae at Baskin Robins on
May 7th!



For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The orthopedic surgeon I work for was moving to a new office, and
his staff was helping transport many of the items. I sat the
display skeleton in the front of my car, his bony arm across the
back of my seat. I hadn't considered the drive across town. At one
traffic light, the stares of the people in the car beside me
became obvious, and I looked across and explained, "I'm delivering
him to my doctor's office." The other driver leaned out of his
window. "I hate to tell you, lady," he said, "but I think it's too
late!"
~Wanda D.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

"CNN is reporting that Bill Gates, the richest man in the world
has received a raise from Microsoft. Gates says that he is happy
about the raise and now he can finally buy that Canada he's had
his eye on." --Conan O'Brien

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"This hotel stinks!" a guest complained when he showed up at the
front desk to check out. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I got no sleep.
Every 15 minutes this loud banging sound woke me up!" I apologized
for the noise and checked him out. A few minutes later, a couple
showed up. Again, I made the mistake of asking how their stay
was. "Terrible!" they said. "The guy in the next room was
snoring so loudly that we had to bang on the wall every 15
minutes to wake him up!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home