c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

4/20 - Sleep Tight and learn your lines!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, April 20, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course, you never sleep as well when you’re in a different bed.
Such was the case last night in Richfield. There were too many
strange noises and it was too hot in the room. So I didn’t sleep
much. After installing and fixing a bunch of computers, I headed
home. And, I was a little drowsy. Not enough to fall asleep at the
wheel (yeah, that’s what they all say) but just enough to yawn
about ever 20 miles or so. That was just enough to remind me how
sleepy I really was. Anyway, after the 3 hour drive home, I said
brief hello’s to everyone and fell asleep in bed. I woke up 30
minutes later and found I was late to play practice.




Practices are getting a bit more intense now, and I’m still
struggling with my (sparse) lines. We practiced with the orchestra
today. Even skipping a few scenes, it took over 4 hours to muddle
through. We took last week off because of Easter, so it was pretty
rough tonight. I think it’ll pull together though. We’d better. If
anyone is going to be in Downtown Salt Lake May 11, 12, or 13. Let
me know. I’ll hook you up with some killer tickets. (and the price
is right at just $3 a pop too!)

Because I haven’t seen my boys for any length of time since
Wednesday I’ll have to schedule some time with each of them this
weekend. (darn, I’ll have to put off mowing the lawn for the first
time this year... again...) It’s funny, I almost (ALMOST) missed
the noisy house of 4 boys running around. But, I think to truly
miss all of the ruckus, I’ll have to take a week cruise with my
sweet wife. That’ll test my metal.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Shhh...
_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"A new Rocky movie is being made - Rocky VI. During the filming,
Sylvester Stallone will turn 60 years old. The movie isn't going
to be too exciting. The fight scene in the movie he goes 15 rounds
with Regis." --David Letterman

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>


My boyfriend, Tim, a mechanic, does work for the Air Force
Academy. One day, a guard asked, "Mind if our new guard dog
practices sniffing your truck? Tim obliged and the dog went to
work. Almost immediately, it latched onto a scent and jumped into
the truck bed sniffing furiously. Tim became nervous. There were
no drugs or weapons. What could the dog be after? A few minutes
later, the guard approached Tim. "Sorry," he said sheepishly, "our
dog ate your lunch."

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Recently, our 18-year-old daughter started hunting for her first
real job. She spent an afternoon filling out applications, leaving
them on the kitchen table to finish later. As I walked by, a
section of the application on top jumped out at me. Under
"Previous Employment" she wrote, "Baby sitting." In answer to
"Reason for Leaving" she wrote, "Parents came home."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home