c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

4/19 - I missed that shot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today the church youth got to go to the gun club to shoot skeet
for our monthly combined activity. I was really really excited to
go with. We got to get rid of some of the 2000+ shells that my dad
had, plus go and have a good time. But, at dinner on Monday night,
I told that kids that I had an overnight work trip on Wednesday,
but that we’d have fun shooting on Tuesday. One of the boys said,
“But dad, we’re shooting on Wednesday.”

Argg... I forgot.

So, here I am, supporting 4 of my rural Utah clinics, in a hotel
room in Richfield Utah, population just 6800. And, I missed the
shooting. But, I hear that no one got shot, and they all had a
good time.

About the only thing even remotely funny that happened today, was
when I went to Wingers for take out tonight. As I sat there
waiting for my order, I was offered by 5 different people if I
wanted popcorn while I waited. I told myself if a sixth person
asked, I’d say ‘ok’ and just sit it in front of me so no one else
would ask...

Sometimes customer service can go overboard.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Hi Marty, Long time reader here. Most of us have had 'downers'
in our lives. Poop happens, we make mistakes. One cannot dwell
on those times. We must seek out the good times and cherish
those memories. Life is a long trip, which seems short as you
age. That's a human brain malfunction. Enjoy life and do good
for others. Then,,,, life is good,
Jim in Indiana
p.s. I have a niece and family in Salt Lake.

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Once upon a time in their marriage, my Dad did something really
stupid. My Mom chewed him out for it. He apologized, they made
up. However, from time to time, my mom mentions what he had
done. "Honey," my Dad finally said one day, "why do you keep
bringing that up? I thought your policy was 'forgive and
forget.'" "It is," she said. "I just don't want you to forget
that I've forgiven and forgotten."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

This newcomer to Seattle arrives on a rainy day. She gets up the
next morning and it's raining. It continues to pour for the rest
of the week. Leaning out her apartment window she sees a little
boy playing on the stood below and asks, "Hey, kid, does it
ever stop raining around here?" The kid looks up at her and
calls back, "How should I know? I'm only six."

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

On day three of the corporate conspiracy trial, the star witness
began to recant his story. "Were you aware that both the FBI and
the IRS intended to investigate this CPA, starting ASAP?" the
judge asked. "Not initially."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home