c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

4/5 - Cheese -n- Jokes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I left this morning, my sweet wife was trying to get son #4
to eat breakfast. “But I don’t want cereal” he said. So my sweet
wife said as she went downstairs to wake up son #2, “Ok, go in the
refrigerator and find something you want.”

He did. When she returned, he had the butter, sour cream, and
cheddar cheese out. He had the sour cream on the cheese and was
eating it.



He must be craving dairy products!

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. And, a funny license plate holder I saw today on a police
car; “Honk if you’re D.U.I.”

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

None today


=-=-=-

You guys like jokes? I'm going to start putting them on the blog!
Yipee!
_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The wise old Mother Superior from county Tipperary was dying. The
nuns gathered around her bed trying to make her comfortable. They
gave her some warm milk to drink, but she refused it. One nun took
the glass back to the kitchen. Remembering a bottle of Irish
whiskey received as a gift the previous Christmas, she opened and
poured a generous amount into the warm milk. Back at Mother
Superior's bed, she held the glass to her lips. Mother Superior
drank a little, then a little more. Before they knew it, she had
drunk the whole glass down to the last drop. "Mother," the nuns
pleaded, "Please give us some wisdom before you die. She raised
herself up in bed with a pious look on her face and said, "Don't
sell that cow."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

My friends and I had joined a weight-loss organization. At one
meeting the instructor held up an apple and a candy bar. "What are
the attributes of this apple," she asked, "and how do they relate
to our diet?" "Low in calories" and "lots of fiber" were among the
answers. She then detailed what was wrong with eating candy, and
concluded, "Apples are not only more healthful, but also less
expensive. Do you know I paid 75 cents for this candy bar?" We
stared as she held aloft the forbidden treat. From the back of the
room a small voice spoke up... "I'll give you a dollar for it."

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

As a new Ensign, I was assigned duty at the Naval Observatory in
Washington, DC, and carpooled to work with a veteran Marine
sergeant. One afternoon, I showed him a pair of brown shoes I had
purchased to go with my khaki uniform. He examined the leather
carefully. "Let me take these home," he said, "and I'll show you a
real Marine Corps shine." The next day I wore my old shoes,
expecting to switch them with the ones the sergeant was polishing.
From a grocery bag, Sarge pulled out the right shoe, shining like
glass. "This is the way a Marine shines a shoe," he said. "Now all
you have to do is polish the left one to look like it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home