c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

4/18 - Fuzzy High School Memories

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s kinda funny. Have you ever signed up for one of those
reunion.com or highschool.com websites? I have. If you remember a
few years back, when I went to one of my High School reunions,
they picked me to be the chairman of our next reunion. (Gads,
that’s next year already! Gulp)... Anyway, when you sign up they
always send you those ‘guess what, it’s so-and-so’s birthday
today’ then try to get you to buy something. A few of the names I
recall, but most I just scratch my head wondering, gee, who is
that? Well, today I got one that was for a close friend in my
early high school years. I shot off an email to another close
friend whom I’ve kept in contact with through the years. He gave
me some email addresses, so I sent a couple of ‘hi, how are you’
emails today. Tonight I got a reply.


Is that MY old High School?? Wow...

So, what do you tell a close friend from high school that you
haven’t seen in over 20 years? You’ve got great memories about
them, but they’re really old memories. Do you say, ‘do you
remember Fiddler on the roof? What a cool play that was!’ but then
you think. Um, I have no idea if this person was even in that
play. How about Guys and Dolls? No, wait, that was another time in
my life. I know, how about The Sound of Music? No, silly... that’s
the play you’re in now. Too many memories... Heck, I don’t even
remember who I was in Fiddler on the roof; I just remember having
a good time...

So, you default to today’s memories and brag about your family.
Yeah, son #1 is smart, good looking, a girl catcher, but won’t do
his homework. Son #2 reads himself to sleep, and is the best
friend to everyone he knows; except for his brothers. Son #3 loves
every single holiday, is getting so tall, and loves everyone he
meets. Oh, and then there’s little son #4. He’s a good kid, and a
cute kid. But then you have to drop da’ bomb. You try to type it
subtly and say, ‘Oh, yeah, he had a brain tumor and is now blind.’
Hmm... but it doesn’t come out too subtle. It kinda turns the mood
sour on your re-introductory email after decades of life. Then the
other shoe has to drop, ‘oh yeah, my dad died at my house on
Christmas day.’ Um... ouch. Hello? You still there? Oh, gee
sorry, didn’t mean for it to be such a harsh email. But then you
have to be upbeat and say, Oh, but that was 2005. This is a new
year and things are going much better.

Oh well, life just happens.

But, ya know, if you really think about it, what else would you
want to brag about? I’ve got the best sweet wife in the world,
some pretty darn good kids, and a pretty cushy life. If I had to
choose a life to have lived, and anything in the world that I
could brag on, it would probably be pretty close to what I’m doing
now...

So, I can say; life is good...

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty



=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

None today. All too busy with your taxes, no doubt!
_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Silly book titles

"The Human Brain" by Sara Bellum

"Please Don't Hurt Me" by I. Bruce Easily

"Life Through the Eyes of a Drunk" by Al Coholic

"Thirty Yards to the Outhouse" by Will E. Makeit
(illustrated by Betty Wont)

"The Proper Use of Sunscreens" by Justin Casey Burns

"How to Cure Scratching" by Ivan Awfulich

"Discount Alternatives" by Robin Stuff

"How to Save Time" by Terry A. While

~debi s.~


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Before rushing to work, I prepared a casserole for that evening's
dinner and put it in the fridge. As I turned to leave, I told my
son to stick it in the oven when he got home from school. "Make
sure to put it in at 350," I said. "Sorry, can't," he replied. "I
don't get home until quarter after four."

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Knowing that photography was a passion of mine, my cousin asked if
I'd take her wedding pictures. I agreed, but instantly became a
nervous wreck. Would the photos be in focus? Would she like the
composition? Could I get a shot of everyone? Finally my wife heard
enough. "Stop worrying about it!" she said. "If they'd wanted a
real photographer they would have gotten one."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home