c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

4/12 - Mongolian Buick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>What in the world is Justin doing in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia during
>tax season?
>Sandra B.

And with that, we have a winner! Asked how she did it, Sandra said
that she used the clue about the Olympic gold medal to figure it
out. Good job! Sandra is only 7 1/2 hours drive from my home, so
she said she may take me up on my spaghetti dinner offer one day.
(And I do make a killer spaghetti dinner. And, it’s one of my
favorites!) We also had a couple of runners up. Don guessed Seoul,
South Korea and Moon R. guessed Kathmandu. Good guesses, but not
right... We’ll try to have another guess where Justin is, soon.

Spring break is finally upon us. The kids are out of school, and
already looking for extra chores to do around the house. (ok, I’m
dreaming again.) We had some big travel plans, but forgot I was on-
call for work. I guess we’ll just do some spring clean up around
the house. We finally did get one of my dad’s cars cleaned,
insured, and detailed today. After the detail job, it’s actually a
pretty nice car. Anyone want to buy a 1995 4-door Buick LaSabre?
It’s in really good condition. http://kbb.com puts the private
party resale, in good condition at $3250. This car is a steal at
$3000. Email me.



For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

None
_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

After directory assistance gave me my boyfriend's new telephone
number, I dialed him -- and got a woman. "Is Mike there?" I asked.
"He's in the shower," she responded. "Please tell him his
girlfriend called," I said and hung up. When he didn't return the
call, I dialed again. This time a man answered. "This is Mike," he
said. "You're not my boyfriend!" I exclaimed. "I know," he
replied. "That's what I've been trying to tell my wife for the
past half-hour."
~Wanda D.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

Grandpa was always going on about the good old days, and the lower
cost of living, in particular. "When I was a kid, my mom could
send me to the store, and I'd get a salami, two pints of milk, 6
oranges, 2 loaves o' bread, a magazine, and some new blue jeans...
all for a dollar!!" Then Grandpa said sadly, "You can't DO that
anymore..... they got those darn video cameras everywhere you
look."

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A dinner speaker was in such a hurry to get to his engagement that
when he arrived and sat down at the head table, he suddenly
realized that he had forgotten his false teeth. Turning to the man
next to him, he complained, "I forgot my teeth, what am I going to
do now!?" The man said, "No problem." He reached into his pocket
and pulled out a pair of false teeth. "Try these," he said.
The speaker tried them on. "Too loose," he said. The man then
said, "I have another pair -- try these." The speaker tried them
on and responded, "Too tight." The man was not taken back at all.
He said, "I have one more pair. Try them." The speaker said, "They
fit perfectly." With that, he ate his meal and gave his speech.
After the dinner meeting was over, the speaker went to thank the
man who had helped him. "I want to thank you for coming to my aid.
Where is your office? I've been looking for a good dentist." The
man replied, "I'm not a dentist. I'm an undertaker."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home