c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

3/1 - A Break, My Finger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I skipped an issue last night. I know I know; I’m getting lazy.
But, I think I got an extra 30 minutes of sleep. And that’s always
a good thing!

My sweet wife and I were talking to a friend tonight about needing
some time together to rejuvenate. I her that we’re going as a
family to Disneyworld compliments of the Make-A-Wish foundation.
She said, “You know, you’re not going to be rested after that
trip.” I agreed. She suggested that my sweet wife and I sneak off
somewhere and take a weekend break. That sounded like a welcome
suggestion, so sometime this month we’re going to do it!

Son #4 update; He’s going snow skiing with the school for the
blind next week. Man, where was that stuff when I was little.

He’s also got a 5th birthday party coming up in a couple of weeks.
There was a time in the last year... that we thought he might not
make it to 5. We’re glad he did.

And, lastly, at the dinner table tonight son #4 took off a ring
and showed it to me. “Here dad, look what I got.” I examined it
carefully. It was a plastic 10¢ almost-working compass ring. I
said, “Hey, that’s really cool. You can tell where you are with
it. Where did you get it?”

Without missing a beat he said, “From my finger.”

Ask a silly question...

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Don't you know we all worry about you and your family when you
skip a night???? Oh, I guess it's okay once in a while. I know I'm
late because somehow I missed reading about the caption contest.
But better late than never, how about, "Okay guys, on the count of
three, I want you each to eat 20 crackers, and whistle when you're
finished. The first one to whistle is the winner." We'll all look
forward to hearing from you tonight!
~Betty H.

Sorry I missed your contest... better late than not at all... here
is what I first thought of.. "You want me to put those crackers
WHERE?" and I don't mean it bad, for those of you that might have
that onery sense.. haha
~ Debi S.

[And some sad news from Justin’s family]
Hey Marty, I just wanted to make sure you had heard about my and
Justin's brother-in-law that was killed in Iraq last week. Here's
a story on it in case you missed it. link and link
~Justin’s Sister

[The 2nd link has information about donating to his wife and 4
little children]

Gregson Glenn Gourley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home