c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

11/17 - Flying time capsule hats

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, November 17, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s almost Thanksgiving. Yippee! I love a good turkey meal. But,
you know me, I love just about any kind of meal.

Tonight the local elementary school PTA tried something different
than the traditional fund rising wrapping paper and candy bars.
They held a spaghetti dinner. (We lucked out with the $12/family
pass vs. the $3/person deal.) Son #1 hasn’t been to this school
for a couple of years, and after about 20 minutes he looked at me
and said, “Wow, everything is so small here!” Yeah, it’s just
your perspective. Not that he’s grown 6 inches since he left or
anything. He’s almost as tall as I am (Which isn’t much, but it
certainly is for him.)

After the dinner and some fund raising bidding, they called
everyone in to open a time capsule in a different room. It was
from 1991 and they were supposed to open it in 2001, but no one
told the principal.) While everyone was gathering around to watch
the opening, son #4 tripped on one of the stairs and fell flat on
his face. It wasn’t that bad of a fall, but his hat went flying
off of his half bald head in front of everyone. He came back and
cried a little because of a fat lip, but he was fine. While he was
laying on my shoulder, he didn’t notice the two little girls in
front of us that were about 7 or 8 years old. They wouldn’t stop
staring at his hat where his scar shows. After a minute or so I
almost said something, but decided not to. They turned around when
they opened the time capsule. My sweet wife says that kids are
just like that. Yeah, I remember, but it still stinks.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

None today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home