c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

9/28 - Mow'n For Cookies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday as the nurse came to change out Son #4’s PICC line
dressing, she found some very small sores under his dressing.
She said she’d ask what to do and get back with my sweet wife.
They decided to replace it with a different type of dressing
today. (He gets strange blisters if he wears band-aids too long
too... He’s done this for months before tumor diagnosis.)
Anyway, while son #4 and my sweet wife were waiting for the home
health nurse to come, they decided to play in the front yard. My
sweet wife ended up pulling weeds in the flower garden. (Hmm...
maybe I could ask the home health nurse to come every day!) Son
#4 ended up “mowing” our lawn with his plastic mower. Then he
asked my sweet wife if he could go across the street to “Grandma
Neighbor’s” house and “mow” her lawn too. She said, “Ok”. After
awhile, “Grandma Neighbor” came to the door and son #4 ran up to
give her a hug and talk to her. They both went inside for a few
minutes and son #4 emerged with a package of cookies. As my
sweet wife came over to chat, “Grandma Neighbor” explained that
son #4 said, “I mowed your lawn, you have to give me money now.”
(Son #1 mows their lawn most every week). When “Grandma
Neighbor” offered son #4 cookies as payment, he said, “That’s
not money.” But he accepted them anyway.



I guess we’ll need to do some ‘real’ service for someone soon,
so I can teach son #4 not to ask for money and be so forward
with people. Although... he does have an uncle who was exactly
like that as a kid. He’s now serving a church missing in
Seattle, and turned out to be an extremely awesome guy. Maybe
I’ll let well enough alone, and steal another cookie. (grin)

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today
is a gift. That's why we call it the present."
~Babatunde Olatunji

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Mostly quiet today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home