c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

9/20 - Hairy Depression

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, September 20, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Someone at work today told me that my website was getting
depressing. “What’s up with that ‘if I make it to five’ book?
Why would they send you such a thing? That’s depressing.” She’s
right. So, nothing sad in today’s issue.

We all were a little excited, and worried about cutting our hair
tonight to support son #4’s surgery tomorrow. As I left work,
one lady came running up, “Oh, I want to feel your hair before
you cut it off. I’m so proud of you.” So, I let her. It was kind
of a strange feeling. But, not as strange as it feels with no
hair!

Sons #2 and #3 were easy to convince. It just took me a dozen
krispy kream doughnuts. (Those things are $6 a dozen! Wow, no
wonder why I’ve never bought them.) But, I was a little worried
about son #1. He currently has no computer privileges because of
his school grades. Not that he’s doing really poor, but he has
to keep his grade to a certain level, and if not, he gets kicked
off the computer. At the first of the quarter, it’s hard,
because if he misses just one assignment, it will kill his
grade. And it did.

So, we negotiated and he’ll get 2 weeks, 4 and a half days of
computer privileges, as long as he does his homework first.
Anyway, he was the first to cut, and even went so far as to
shave. Plus he ‘helped’ me get his brothers into the chair so I
could get them too.

I’ll post some pics soon.

Don’t forget son #4 in your prayers tomorrow.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Still quiet today.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Kathy said…

    I have the book "If I Get To Five".

    I loved it. The author, Dr. Epstein, holds a special place in my family's heart for his loving consideration of my niece Kyra.

    When you feel ready, you should consider reading it. It's inspirational, the words written coming from one of the most compassionate and loving doctors you could ever hope to meet, who also happened to be one of the best neurosurgeons ever.

    He suffered a serious head injury after a biking accident, and he can no longer operate. In an ironic and touching twist of fate, the surgeons he so lovingly trained ended up caring for him after his brain injury.

    We're praying for Jimmy today, may his bone flap surgery go well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home