c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

9/29 - Hole in one in the tub, blub...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, September 29, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awhile back I told you that the Scout troop went to see “The
Greatest Game Ever Played” It was a pretty good movie, and the
scenery was really good. Even though you knew the outcome, they
made the story very interesting. It’s a great family friendly
movie to take everyone to. I’ll give it a 3 out of 4 son
rating...

Son #4 got to take a shower with me this morning. He got his
plastic PICC line cover on his arm, and hopped in. When I was
done, he said he wanted to take a “shower bath”. Which in little
boy talk means, ‘turn the shower off, keep the water going, and
plug the drain please.’ I did and also put a little shampoo in
there to make some bubbles for him. I turned the water off a few
minutes later and was busy in front of the mirror when he said,
“Wow, that was interesting.” (His exact words) I said, “What’s
so interesting?” He said without missing a beat, “I farted and
it made bubbles!”

Ahh... to discover things as a 4-year-old.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today
is a gift. That's why we call it the present."
~Babatunde Olatunji

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

>Yesterday it took forever to get son #4 into surgery... When he
>went in, he had a choice on how to get there; walk, wagon, or
>toy car.

My 6 year-old son has had several surgeries at the same
hospital. They treat the kids great! I am glad to report that my
son has had a full recovery but still goes back for checkups.
Sometimes out of the blue, he will ask when he gets to go back
to the hospital. They have great toys. (Like we don't have
enough!)
~David C.

[Ahh... to be at a point where your kid ~wants~ to go back...]

Marty,
I just had to ask?

>Although... he does have an uncle who was exactly like that as
>a kid. He's now serving a church missing in Seattle,

Is there any chance that the church can be found?
And if it is in Seattle Is it really missing?
Caught your mistake!
~Don W.

I bet he is serving a mission not a missing though he might be
missed too.
~Wanda D.

[Wow, you guys are quick and observant. I’m surprised no one
else sent that one my way. Yeah, sometimes my fingers do fly a
little faster than my brain. He is missed, the Church isn’t
missing, and he’s on a mission. There, say that 5 times fast.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home