c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

9/27 - That went over like a lead balloon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, September 27, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boy, is it only Tuesday? I think this week has dragged (drug?)
on. I keep thinking it should be Friday or something.

And now I think my humor is getting a little darker. Its flu
shot season, and they’re coming out with the shots in the next
week at work. Those of you who have been with us over the years
know that I refuse to get one. Not because I hate needles (I
give blood every 10 weeks or so), but it’s just the thought of
putting a dead flu virus in my system.

Anyway, on my new Pediatric Brain Tumor group that I’ve joined
(They have groups for everything. I think I even saw a left
handed dog juggling group. Now don’t call the SPCA on me. That’s
dogs who are left handed who juggle, not people who juggle dogs
with their left hands... but I digress...) Anyway, I posted a
message about me never having had a flu shot because I thought
flu shots could cause brain tumors...

Ba-dum-bump. Hello? Anyone in the audience?

Um, I don’t think that one went over very well in that group. I
guess I’ll have to temper my new found dark humor by telling you
my jokes. You guys are just bent enough that it might work.

And for those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today
is a gift. That's why we call it the present."
Babatunde Olatunji


=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

[Re: Picture of the 5 hairless boys on the blogsite]

Your hairline is receding......
~My evil, heartless, older, and always will be(!) sister #1

[Oh, Hi Sis. Nice of you to chime in. Glad to hear your house
didn’t blow away with Rita... Well, kind of (big grin)]

Hi Marty,
Just wanted to let you know my family & I went to Chili's for
dinner tonight in honor of son #4. We all colored Chili Peppers
too. Anything thing that helps children is a great cause to me.
You are all in my thoughts & prayers often, you all feel like
family, I have been getting your newsletter for so long now. My
daughter is 5 & my son is 4, I think he & son #4 are within a
few weeks of each other.
Sincerely,
Jennifer K.
Tucson, AZ

[Yup, they were born just a couple of weeks apart. Funny how
life goes by so quick...]

1 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    >Um, I don’t think that one went
    >over very well in that group.

    Hey! That's not fair.. I laughed my ass off at that one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home