c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

9/07 - Mayor Bill...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Were you ever disappointed when you opened the mail box and didn’t
get a bill? Me neither... I guess... I’d just like to get all those
bills here, get ‘em totaled and get them paid off.

Further evidence that son #4 is back to normal; when my sweet wife
and I got home tonight, son #2 started playing the clavinova with a
pretty good beat. Son #4 got in the middle of the living room,
helmet on, red superman cape around his neck, no t-shirt, and red
shorts, dancing and hooting like there was no tomorrow. He did look
pretty funny.

We had the on-call oncologist call us tonight. Dr. Peter Burger of
Johns Hopkins confirmed what our university said, with a little
more information. Son #4 had a Grade II Supratentorial Clear Cell
Ependymoma tumor. Then I asked a layman’s type question, “So is
that cancer?” First he said, normally clear cell tumors are
considered grade III (worse then II) but Dr. Burger agreed that
this was only a grade II. The oncologist said they were very happy
that it wasn’t a grade III (So are we, but I think we ordered a
grade zero.) Anyway, he said that any grade brain tumor is
considered cancer. So, now I guess it’s off to the doctor’s
tomorrow, during regular hours, to see what the next steps are...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Be glad for insurance, at least until you reach your maximum.
There's a little girl here who has leukemia and has so much
treatment done, and now needs a liver transplant to live, but has
reached her lifetime max, so insurance won't pay.
www.hopeforhaley.com or
www.craigandstaceyakers.com/silver_tour_homes.asp
I'm glad Jimmy is doing better!
~Tammy M.

[I’m grateful for a whole LOT of things in the last couple of
weeks!]

I really want to hear what the bill is for the dude or dudett that
ran the line to his brain that stopped the bleeding during
surgery. That has got to be the one to see.:)
~Sandra H.

[Sorry, no bills in the mail today. I think they should have a rule
like they do in collage. If the professor doesn’t show up after 15
minutes, class dismissed. So, if the Doctors don’t bill you within
15 days of services, no bill is due. I ought to run for Mayor don’t
you think?]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home