c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, September 05, 2005

9/05 - Out on the town



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, September 05, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s been quite a weekend. On Saturday, I had to go into work for
four hours. We have a huge software installation at the end of the
month, and we have to visit each computer in the clinic (310 of
them) and spend about 20 minutes at each one. (Luckily we can do
several at once.) But, it was son #1’s Saturday. He didn’t want to
go with me, but I told him that my Saturday’s with each boy aren’t
just to benefit them, but that I enjoy spending one on one time
with them too. I don’t know if he bought it, but he came and helped
anyway. I even offered him $5/hr for his time, but we ended up
talking about child labor laws, minimum wages, and sweat shops. He
ended up accepting my paltry offerings. (Along with lunch and a
handful of candy...)

Today for Labor Day, the family decided to spend some time downtown
visiting Temple Square and seeing some museums. We left home close
to noon so we decided to eat at Subway. About half way through the
meal my sweet wife commented that she thought that son #4’s eating
habits were starting to slow down back to normal. (He’s been eating
like a horse and has gained 3 or more pounds since before his
surgery. And that’s AFTER not being fed for 6 days while being
sedated.) To our amazement, he ate his whole 6” ham and cheese
sandwich. Plus he’s getting back to his old habits like jumping on
mom and dad’s bed, which in a way is good (well maybe...) But on
the other hand, he asked today “what happens when I die?” We
explained it to him, but that one question threw my sweet wife on
an emotional rollercoaster for the rest of the day.

*sigh*

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s.
I’ve got some pics from today on the blog (martysjotd.blogspot.com)
Also, if you think your local gas station is price gouging, report
it here. http://gaswatch.energy.gov/

And, speaking of Katrina...

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Mark in Japan, here. Nice to hear that #4 is cruising along well.
Hope Dr. Burger has nothing but nice things to say.
Request and comment.
I just donated some money to the Red Cross to help with the cane
victims. I gave more than I could afford, but I’m alive and living
in a dry house and have a job. Could you put out a
request/reminder/suggestions for donations to some reputable,
worthy relief organization (other than UNICEF, which seems to deem
salaries, benefits, office amenities more important than victims`
needs), please?

[Absolutely! I should have mentioned it earlier. My bad! Head to
http://www.redcross.org/ to make donations]


Hi Marty:
Anybody subscribed to the JOTD could read the following and
immediately think of your wonderful family. Happy Labor Day,
Shannon in Nevada

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother
would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not
raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."
By Harmon Killebrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home