c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

9/08 - The Cracker Stacking Gang of Salt Lake

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, September 08, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s the first day of the state fair again. 2 years ago it was
free, last year it was a buck, and this year the first day was a
buck fifty. Still better than the $7 a head they charge the rest
of the week, but a 50% mark up from last year? Hmm...

Anyway, as you remember last year we tried the cracker stacking
contest. (You can read all about it here...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/martysjotd/message/1050 )
The cracker stacking contest was the first thing we looked for
when we arrived this year. Sons #1 and #2 competed against each
other, but neither won.



Son #3 did pretty well, but wasn’t in the top 3 (where the
prizes were). So, it took mom and dad to bring home the bacon
(or was that cookie dough?). I got 3rd place, and my sweet
wife and another guy tied for 1st place. They had a 30 second
‘stack off’ but he won. But, all of the prizes were the same.
A huge box of keebler cookies and calories. (You can see pics
on the blog site)



If you remember, son #4 doesn’t like to wear his helmet much, so
we let him take it off when we feel it’s relatively safe. (But
not when he’s jumping on mom and dad’s bed as he’s been known to
do since the beginning of this week!) So, when we went to the
state fair tonight, and he was in the stroller, we put on a
little red bandana that my Mom #1 gave him earlier this week.
(Also see the picture on the blog).



It was bright red, and he
looked really adorable. We’ve been putting a hat or something on
him when we go out in public. It’s amazing the looks you get
from people gawking at his scar, so we figured it was just
better to put something a little less noticeable on him. But,
tonight when he was wearing the bandana and we got into the back
corner of the park, there were a bunch of gang bangers there.
They started pointing at him, and saying something in Spanish. I
quickly took the ‘rag’ off and put his helmet back on. We ended
up buying a black baseball cap the said ‘Police’ on the front
and didn’t have any other problems during the night. I guess
even medium sized conservative cities have gang problems.

Anyway, it’s late and I shouldn’t have done an issue, but you
guys tell me you like the soap opera that is my life, so here you
go.

Maybe Justin will poke his head in here tomorrow and do an issue.
Either way, I’ll see you guys on Monday again.
Have a great and safe weekend and as always...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

None today

1 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Marty,

    I happened on you blog because I am in charge of a cracker stacking contest at our county fair (Uintah). I googled cracker stacking and came up with you. Can you tell me about the contest, how it was run, rules etc. to help me out.

    Please,

    Julie Hamaker

     

Post a Comment

<< Home