c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

8/30 - Truckers have lungs too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, August 30, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday is the day that son #4’s home health nurse comes in. She
came around mid morning; she and son #4 talked and talked the whole
time. She changed his PICC line dressing, got a set of vitals, and
asked my sweet wife how everything was going.

Now with everything son #4 has been through, he’s now learning a
lot about anatomy. The other day he said, “Dad, I want my brain
back.” I corrected him and said, “No honey, it’s your bone that you
need to get back. Your brain is still there.” So now he’s asks for
that every once in awhile. And today as his nurse was listening to
his chest he said, “I have lungs.” She said, “Oh isn’t that sweet.”
Then he blurted out, “And my mom has lungs too!”

Oh boy...

And, he’s eating better too. Tonight we took Brother-in-law #2’s
family out for dinner, celebrating son #4’s recovery so far, and to
thank them for taking the other 3 boys for days on end. We went to
the all you can eat Chuck-o-rama buffet. We didn’t want to gross
out the other patrons, and son #4 hates to wear his helmet when
he’s sitting down, so we took a baseball cap for him. It covered
most of his scar, and he looked just like a mini-me truck driver.
He ate like one too. Three full plates plus desert. I think his
body is still trying to catch up!

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

All quiet today. No comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home