c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

8/25 - Staples, Stitches, and Teeth

At home with a helmet



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, August 25, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Tuesday morning before they let son #4 out of the hospital, I
think he was starting to like where he was. He had mom or dad there
24/7, any and all the food he could eat, his own TV, etc. So, when
my sweet wife asked him if he wanted to go home, he wasn’t quite
sure. But about an hour before they let him out, they came and took
5 staples from him head. 2 where the ‘bolt’ was (measuring
intracranial pressure) and 3 staples where the drain for the big
incision was. That was the only time we saw him cry at the
hospital. He was ready to go home after that.

Today he told my sweet wife, “Mom, I don’t like staples.” She said,
“Oh, how about the dissolvable stitches they put in your big cut?”
He replied, “I don’t like stitches either.” Then my sweet wife
said, “Oh, then how are they going to sew you back together?” He
said without missing a beat, “Don’t let them cut me.”

Yeah, that makes sense.

Son #2 just walked in. “Dad, I just pulled out another tooth.” “Oh,
that’s cool. Where is it?” I replied. “I just put it in my wallet
with my other one.” He said. “With the OTHER one?” I asked. “yeah,
I haven’t gotten around to putting it under my pillow.”

Oh, I guess he hopes there’s tooth fairy interest if he saves it...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Have a Great Weekend!

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

May I comment on your estimate of medical costs? Will you peg it on
the un-discounted fees, or the fees after your PPO network
discounts are applied?
~Jim [our resident health insurance broker form TX]

[Good point Jim. I’ll use the full billed amount for the contest,
not the lower ‘allowed’ amount.]

[And, we got our first bill today. It’s for the eye exam back on
the 11th. For an electroretinography and the Visual Evoked Potential
test. I’m so happy we have insurance. I’ll wait for a few more
guesses before I start spewing out numbers.]

Just a thought----My wife is a nurse in child care---she mentioned
that there are some pills for kids that should not be crushed, as
the potency may be interfered with if not taken whole. Please
inquire with the pharmacist in the future.
~Don

[Excellent Call Don. Yup, we did and they said those could be
crushed. But, you’re right, it’s very important ask your
pharmacist!]

If we guess right do we get the bill as the prize????? ROTFL
~Doreen

[Now there’s an idea...]

Dear Marty and Sweet Wife: I am so glad to hear your little one is
home and doing quite well from the sound of your messages. So many
prayers have certainly helped him. God must have big plans for this
young man so he is letting him get well. I will continue to pray
for all of you as you continue to face this challenge.
~Shirley T.

[Yup, I expect one, if not two grandsons from #4 named after me!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home