c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Wild Rides

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>So I get punished by not having a jotd for Tuesday? Or did
>everyone not get one?
>#1 Mom

Funny you should ask mom. Just as I was getting ready to do a JOTD
issue, we got a phone call. A property we have interest in, located
on a busy street, had a brand new 4X4 truck plow through our fence
and land in the yard. No one was hurt, but it looked pretty funny;
Skid marks for 175 feet on the street, then no tracks for 10 feet
(airborne) then a big truck in the yard. The officer said he was
driving under the influence of being a 16 year old. He and his
other 16 year old buddies were fine, but shaken. When the dad
pulled up, he said, “Don’t get our insurance involved. We’ll pay
for it.” Yeah, we’ll see how well that works out...

Anyway, that’s my excuse for no JOTD yesterday. Not a bad excuse if
I do say so myself. Now back to what you really read this column
for...

I told you last week we set the pool. The first day I really
surprised myself; not for being a studly man, but for acting like a
wimp. That tap water is REALLY cold! In years past I’d jump in a
cold pool and think nothing of it. I must be getting too old.
Anyway, the pool water (and me) warmed up quite a bit by Saturday
afternoon and the 3 older boys and I we had a blast.

Son #4 is still apprehensive about our pool though. He can stand on
his toes and keep his head above water, but he won’t let go of me.
But, it was a different story at swimming lessons today. He got mad
at the teacher because she told him to sit on the steps and stop
showing everyone he could stand on the bottom and keep his head
above water. He acquiesced and sat on the steps and pouted.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Marty, I understand how difficult your life must have been as a
child. I too have an older sister....
~Uncle Butter

[Finally, someone who understands who had an older sister! Wait...
that would have been my #1 mom... hey you!]

=-=-=-

"Much has been said about "tough love" for misbehaving children.
Most of America's populace thinks it very improper to spank
children, so my spouse and I have tried other methods to control
our kids when they have one of "those moments". One that we found
very effective is for me just to take the child for a car ride and
talk. They usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our little
car ride together. I've included the photo below of one of my
sessions, with our son, in case you would like to use the
technique." Its very effective!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home