c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Happy Day! Feel better?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, June 30, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today the boys and I decided to treat mom to a special dinner and
goodies. We told her to go out to the pool and swim with sons #3
and 4, while sons #1 and 2 helped me make dinner. We decided on
chicken caesar salad. Son #1 tried his hand at BBQ’ing the chicken,
son #2 cut the watermelon and cooked the corn on the cob, while I
did the salad and croutons. But it didn’t turn out very well. Son
#2 broke a bowl, and later dropped sticky watermelon all over the
floor. Son #1 had 18 different questions about the grill, so I
finally went out to help him for a second. Meanwhile I burnt the
croutons. But, of course, my sweet wife said it was the best meal
she had all week. After dinner I asked sons #1 and 2 if they felt
good after working and serving someone else for a chance. They said
it was hard work but they felt really good after the work was done.
Then I said, “Yeah, mom does this every day for us. How do you
think that makes her feel?” Son #2 blurted out, without missing a
beat, “I’ll bet she has great conscience!”

Hmm... not quite the lesson I was trying to teach.

Anyway, have a safe 4th of July. (And you folks from other countries
have a great 4th of July too!)

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Hey Marty,
I've sure gotten a kick out of the photo's you put up on your blog
site. My favorite one is the "Car Ride". I used to use a different
version of the Car Ride--when my daughter was about 6 months old
she was having a hard time going to sleep, so we'd take her for a
ride around the neighborhood. She'd be fast asleep in about 2
blocks.
~J.G. in California

[Wow, how do you keep a sleeping 6 month old strapped to the hood
of your car?]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home