c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Row Row Row your boat

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, January 31, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We left early Thursday morning to southern Utah for a small family reunion. My sister came from Houston, and my brother and his family came from Southern California. We had a great time, and the weather (whether? ~grin~) was pretty good too. They’ve had some flooding down there, and we saw several homes that were in various stages of falling into the river. Some half gone, some just piles of rubble. One house had a sign that read “For Sail. May go fast!” It looked like his back yard was only about 2 feet from his house now. Anyway, by the time we got there, things were starting to dry out, and the raging river looked like it was back to creek size.

One of the things we did while we were there was play laser tag. My family, plus my brother and his daughter went. With several other older teenagers playing, and little son #4 around, my sweet wife and I figured we ought to keep a close eye on him. Each game we took turns just following him through the maze wherever he went. He walked around with a huge vest on, and his favorite toy in the whole world. A gun. He was having the time of his life yelling, “I got you!” whenever he shot someone’s vest and their lights went out.

We also spent a lot of time swimming in an outdoor pool. The temps were in the low to mid 60’s, and it felt a little chilly at times, but coming from 20’s and 30’s for weeks on end, it was worth it. Funny though, my southern California brother wouldn’t have anything to do with the pool. I think the weather’s made him soft.

One last little story. When we got home, my sweet wife went to the post office and mailed the dollar bills I sold on eBay last week. At the front counter, they have a little tree of rubber stamps, and there’s one for the kids that says ‘spoiled’. They always stamp son #4’s hand with it. When my sweet wife and son #4 got back to the car, he said, “Mom, that says I’m beautiful doesn’t it? I don’t like it. Take it off.” And my sweet wife replied, “No honey, that stamp means that you get every you want.” His demeanor quickly changed as he said, “Oh, then I like this stamp.”

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

My Mother said there are no spoiled children; only children who are
Loved. She had ten!
~crabby old aunty Kay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home