c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Hoarse-ies and Ties

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, November 04, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I whined yesterday about my horse voice.

(And thank you for not emailing me and correcting my spelling,
saying it should be a ‘hoarse’ voice, not a ‘horse’ voice. But, Mom
you’re slacking...)

Anyway that, combined with the election night lack of sleep, and
now a nasty cold virus, made me feel like dog doodie when I woke up
this morning. I attempted to shower, shave, and shine, then drag
myself to work (I’ve only ever called in sick maybe once a year).
But after 5 minutes in the shower, I knew I couldn’t make it.

I called in and told them, “Sorry. No workie for me today”

I headed back to bed to get some more sleep. Usually my sweet wife
is up when I leave for work, but as I plopped back into bed, she
was producing that familiar rich deep snoring sound I’ve come to
love. She quickly awoke with one of those heart-pounding, jump out
of bed, ‘I’m late’ moves.

I said, “Relax. I called in sick. Go back to bed”

She lay there for several seconds trying to catch her breath, then
quietly said, “Don’t you have a job interview today at work?”

Silence.

Then I whispered, “Oh crap.”

I lay there a second and said, “I’ll just go in late.”

Do you know how embarrassing it is to call in sick, then have to come to work after all, prettied up and wearing a tie for a job interview?” Co-workers love to say, “oh you were, sick huh?”


Is it Thursday already? Guess so! Have a great weekend, and...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Remember, to read ‘just the stories’ go to http://martysjotd.blogspot.com


=-=-=-=
Reader Comment Section:

i'm so glad that somebody explained the snaill joke to me! now,
what's w/the goose/down pants joke??????
~linda w.

[Oh, but they’re not fun if you have to ‘splain ‘em.]

>This goose walks into a bar and the bartender looks at him and
>says, "Hey, buddy, your pants are down!"

[You see Goose’s (Geese’s?) pants would be made from goose down,
therefore the goose’s pants would be ‘down’. A double-entendre.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home